Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: ProfiLux 3: What to do in the case a firmware update failed

Quote Originally Posted by scythanith View Post
    Then you will have to use the emergency flash link that Gunther posted above. It seemed a little counting at first but once you get the profilux opened up the jumper was included on the pins already, I just had to move it onto both of the pins. Follow the directions precisely!
    This in unacceptable for a product with such an impeccable reputation.
    I shouldn't have to open up my comntroller just to update the firmware.

This in unacceptable for a product with such an impeccable reputation.
    Before you blame the Profilux to be recoverable (with very little effort) even if the user has shoot it down, read your earlier post about what you have done and the comments for it again.

And no, it´s not neccessary to open the device if you don´t want to. But in that case you need a the original serial cable and a serial connector on your PC. Only if you want to update via USB it´s neccessary to open the PL.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunther View Post
    Before you blame the Profilux to be recoverable (with very little effort) even if the user has shoot it down, read your earlier post about what you have done and the comments for it again.

And no, it´s not neccessary to open the device if you don´t want to. But in that case you need a the original serial cable and a serial connector on your PC. Only if you want to update via USB it´s neccessary to open the PL.

Please don't misunderstand me, I still think the Profilux is still the best and most reliable controller in the market. I just wish it was easier to upgrade the firmware.

I thought the new controllers with the new serial to USB adapter would give both user friendliness and reliability. I guess not.

And no, my controller does not need to be recovered, just upgraded to the newest firmware is all I ask.

Please take my comments as constructive criticism only.
    Last edited by Herbklee; 26.04.2014 at 22:35.

I went ahead and bought a new RS232 to USB cable to try.( FTDI chip)
    Now I cannot even connect to my controller.
    I can still connect via wifi or USB.

My setup:

Macbook Pro
    Windows XP in bootcamp.
    All drivers updated

Profilux 3.1 Nex
    fw: 5.15

PL Control v. 5.1.7.1
    RS485 box ticked
    unplugged PAB

In Sum:

Using RS232 to USB cable
    - com 2
    ---> Comunication Error. Error code 28.

using USB to USB cable
    - com 3
    ---> Error while transmitting firmware. Flasherase. No Response - 8.

Please Help.
    My computer does not have serial port and i'd rather not open up my controller to update if possible.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Herbklee; 27.04.2014 at 03:21.

What rs232 to USB you bought?

Quote Originally Posted by doggydoc10 View Post
    What rs232 to USB you bought?
    Sabrent Model CB- FTDI USB 2.0 to serial cable adapter.

I don't know if it has already been asked and if you considered that, but I don't want to read 10 pages of this thread

when a connection error occurs during the update process we have to keep in mind:
    1. the connection seems to work in general, otherwise you would not be at the point where the firmware is transmitted
    2. this means that something happens during the update, e.g. a socket switches (because the powerbar goes into the error condition after ProfiLux stops working)

did you try this?
    a) work with a PC or notebook which is grounded (powers supply connected)
    b) do the update when all peripheral devices are disconnected?

PS: I don't know why your serial converter doesnt work, we can't guarantee the compatibility of every existing hardware and I don't know if you installed all need drivers and if the Com-Port settings are correct and so on
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

I was having all sorts of issues when updating FW via USB to USB connection. I then purchased a NEW RS232 TO USB cable and ALL MY ISSUES went away.

I do agree with Mathias statement re communication....and maybe your issue is with your USB cable....perhaps not having the right drivers?
    This is the RS 232 to USB cable I use currently.

I know it's been stated here that USB to USB is perfect to perform updates, but I have been using this cable for a while and NEVER HAS ANY ISSUES. Again this is JUST IN MY OWN EXPERIENCE!

The link in the main post does not work.
    My profileux crashed at the update,what should I do

Go to our downloads page on our website. The respective manual is available for download.