Thread: Lost connections

Default Lost connections

I received a message from Windows a few days ago stating that I had important "Updates" to install. So, I installed the updates.
    the updates took about 40 minutes to install. When the install was complete, I logged on to GHLCC and saw that all my connections were gone. At the top of the page in GHLCC, this message was shown, "Still no connections available". At the bottom of the page this message was shown "+ Create new connections". As stated, I'm able to connect to GHLCC but all my settings and connections are gone. My Son In law told me that my settings, connections and configurations are still available but I have to find them that the Windows Update moved them. I have no idea what so ever how to find them. Vinny, can you help me.

"As stated, I'm able to connect to GHLCC but all my settings and connections are gone."

- What do you mean by this? If you are able to connect to a GHL device via GCC, then you are selecting a device from the connections list and connecting to it. GCC does not store your device settings, these are stored within the GHL device itself. Only the list of device connections are stored in GCC, nothing else.

If you need to make a new connection, do this:
    1. Click on ADMINISTRATE
    2. Click NEW
    3. Select the device for which you want to create a connection for.
    4. If this will be a USB connection, set the connection type to RS232/USB. If this will be a LAN/WiFi connection, set the connection type to NETWORK.
    5. If USB connection, set COM to AUTO. If LAN/WiFi, enter the IP address of the device into the HOST field.
    6. Click SAVE, then CLOSE, and the newly made connection should now be listed for you to connect to it.

Hi Vinny, I am able to connect to GCC, however, my connections list is gone. If as per your instructions, and reestablish a connections list, will I have to re-program my light and dosing programs?

Vinny, I did as instructed, however, when I added the NEW device (Mitras) it did appear on the device list but after I added another device (Profilux3) and clicked CLOSE the connections list showed the Profilux but what I just previously added is no longer on the connections list and when I click CONNECT I get a message saying "Could not connect. Do you want to check the settings now????

Vinny, When I shut down my computer and then started it up, I went to GCC and the 3 devices I added to the connections list were all there but when I tried to connect to any of the devices, I received a message "Can't find any GHL devices in the network" Also, when I went to the new devices list the power bar was not listed.

Thanks everyone for your help. The problem was, I was connected to the wrong router.