Thread: RD3 + Flow Sensor Control

Default RD3 + Flow Sensor Control

Hi All,

I have posted this before in the PreSales but never got a reply on my last question on how to actually make it do what I want.

So now I have 2 x RD3 80W and 2 x GHL 9000L Flow Sensors.

I am looking to achieve the following:

Example:
    Pump 1: Output 2000lph & Pump 2: Output 6000lph for 1 hour
    then a smooth transition over about 30 minutes to
    Pump 1: Output 6000lph & Pump 2: Output 2000lph for 1 hour
    and so on...

This is what I am looking at achieving.

PumpControl.JPG

Any Assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance.

I can't think of any way to make this work with the flow sensors, as they are not ramp-able. The flow rate on the flow sensors is statically set, and will maintain the flow at said rate.

What you are attempting to accomplish would be done with a Stream Group, adding both pumps to the same group, setting the mode to Permanent Opposite, and Sinus Waves.
    Just wondering, what is the application for this? Closed loop or actual sump return back to tank?

Also you have the 0-10v adapter boxes from RE for the 80w pumps? They do not take 0-10v native without the adapter box..

-M
    marco

RS Reefer 450; /////GHL P3 * 2x PB5.1 * PLM-PWC * -> * 2x Mitras LX 7206, Doser 2 SA Royal Exclusiv RD3 80w(10v) * Bubble King Double Cone 180 w/ RD3
    GHL Owners Facebook Group: GHL Owners / ProfiLux / Mitras / etc

Thanks for the reply.

Regarding the RD3's, I do have the 10V Adapter Box.

I am trying to get this setup for Sump return back to the tank. I want to alternate the output of each pump but keep the amount returned at a fixed rate ie: 8000lph split between the 2 pumps.

What I understood to be possible is, drive the output of the pumps by the result of the sensor similar to a temp of ph probe.

So set " Sensor 1" to 2000lph then "Sensor 2" will adjust the pump so "Sensor 2" reads 6000lph etc etc etc...

I am by no means a expert or programmer or anything but this is my thinking.

FlowRate = 8000
    Sensor1 = 2000
    If Sensor1+Sensor2=FlowRate then OK else "adjust Flow of Pump2 so Sensor1+Sensor2=FlowRate"

Then after 1 hour a scheduled task changes the value of Sensor 1 to 2500

FlowRate = 8000
    Sensor1 = 2500
    If Sensor1+Sensor2=FlowRate then OK! else "adjust Flow of Pump2 so Sensor1+Sensor2=FlowRate"

And so on, not sure if the above is correct but you get the idea.

While the alternating ramp of the pumps is possible, via the Stream Groups, there is not a tie-in to the Stream groups from the Flow Sensor. The flow sensor is set to a static value, and will maintain said value.
    You could certainly file a feature request for this.
    marco

RS Reefer 450; /////GHL P3 * 2x PB5.1 * PLM-PWC * -> * 2x Mitras LX 7206, Doser 2 SA Royal Exclusiv RD3 80w(10v) * Bubble King Double Cone 180 w/ RD3
    GHL Owners Facebook Group: GHL Owners / ProfiLux / Mitras / etc

OK, So as you suggested I have sent a mail into GHL for a feature request.

Let's hope it gets added as this will be a great feature to have if you have 2 or more pumps.

You could run in the Active/Active state for specific flow rate and if one fails the other can ramp up etc...

So many possibilities. Here's hoping!