Thread: mitras 6100hv

Default mitras 6100hv

looking for help with a program for the 6100hv, i have got water tested from triton and all parameters are good and i cannot get corals to survive, so triton have recommended that i change my lights back to T5 as the only thing could be lights now. does anybody have a program for the model i have for a reef tank???

Hi,

The lights can be an issue if they are not configured correctly. There are many variables to consider. To name a few, you have total light duration, total peak time (hrs), set spectrum, etc.

Without more information on your current light program, coral types, and coral placement, we can only speculate. The 6100 series has been on the market for over 5 years and have provided excellent results for users around the world.

i know the lights are excellent its just knowing what spectrum, which colour is for coral growth and what percentages to run them at is a science! i dont know if the lights are two strong/weak. i have coral placed randomly but never thrive the way they should. i just need to run a program that is set to the right spectrum.

Finding the correct spectrum becomes easier when you use the Chlorophyll A and B guides in Light Composer.

What size tank do you have, what are the dimensions, how many fixtures do you have, how are they oriented, how far off the water are they mounted?

If you're placing corals randomly that could be part of the issue. Each coral will have different needs for lighting intensity and flow. One should also consider the kind of lighting the coral was under prior to being introduced into your tank and use that info as a guide for coral placement. If a coral was previous exposed to moderate light, then is suddenly placed in an area with more or less light, it will certainly play a role on how well it transitions to the conditions of your tank.

Can you tell me what kind of corals you're keeping and how long you're running the fixtures for?

If you can email me your current light project and photo of your tank, perhaps I can give you some pointers on light schedule adjustment.

info@ghlusa.com

thank you for the reply, i have run them for 4 and a half yrs probably one of the first in ireland, i had no idea what the chlorophyll a and b were for. they are mounted about 200mm from water, i have ran loads of programs to see which is best. the tank is LxWxH 4.5x2x1.5 feet. i have 2 light units. i will email you pictures thanks