Thread: Perform a complete wipe of firmware

Default Perform a complete wipe of firmware

What is the best way to completely wipe a P4?

The reason for asking is I had some issues, but since its been upgraded a couple of times so it might be my fault.

I would like to see if the best way could be to completely wipe the P4, firmware and everything to make sure its completely clean before starting over. (I tried a reset, but I would like to do the firmware too, internal storage etc too) and hopefully that will solve my problems.

What issues are you trying to resolve?

You can start over by restoring the P4 back to default settings, then updating the firmware to 7.07 and WiFi module firmware to 6376.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
    What issues are you trying to resolve?

You can start over by restoring the P4 back to default settings, then updating the firmware to 7.07 and WiFi module firmware to 6376.
    I had some small issues (I am on 7.07 with latest WIFI firmware).

My main issue is that myghl responds very slow. I have been reading others dont got that problem, so not sure if its my P4 or the myghl in general. Sometimes its extremely fast (during night GMT time) and sometimes its very slow (the P4 got good wifi)

Its some other minor issues, but nothing that I cant live with right now. I had some issues setting up maintanance light schedule and I experiencing some random lockups when clicking on maintanance mode (on the P4), but I was thinking it might be cause of a faulty update.

I tried doing a "default settings", but it might be something that is still "there" - thats why I was hoping to take the 7.07 and reinstall it along with a absolutely full wipe. Could doing the rescue mode reinstall (with the internal button) wipe absolutely everything?

Your issues with myGHL speed have no correlation with your P4 firmware. When you're connecting to the P4 via myGHL, the data/request must be transmitted from the P4, through your network, to the myGHL servers, then back. In terms of responsiveness, when we're comparing the speed through GCC vs myGHL, the myGHL connection will take some more time to send/receive data because of the above mentioned steps it must first take. At the moment, myGHL is undergoing various improvements and some may therefore experience slow response times. That's not even taking into account, ISP connection speed, current server load, etc.
    We're working to get myGHL optimized so that everybody has the same responsive experience across the globe.

With regards to the random lockups, we haven't had other users come to us with this sort of problem. That's not to say it may not exist though. Does this happen when you start a maintenance mode only from the P4?

I would perform the update to 7.07 again and let us know if the problem persists.

Send me an email with some more details on this maintenance lockup issue. I'm curious to see if I can replicate the issue here.
    Info@ghlusa.com