Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help assigning slave to doser2.1

Default Help assigning slave to doser2.1

I feel I must be missing something silly.

I have just started setting up my slave doser to my doser 2.1, I have been following the online video for assigning a PAB unit and all seemed to be going well, I have got to a point where the slave has been assigned and shows up in the system settings, the Tab shows the slave as a PAB-Device running version 1.24 and a PAB address of 18, my issue is when I go to configure this pump I get a message saying the PAB device is not responding.

Currently the slave mimics exactly what pump 1-4 doses.

It so happens that I am setting up two identical units and they are both at the same state.

Hope you can point me in the right direction.

Thanks Vince

Hi there,

Please download and use this version of GCC, then let me know if you were able to successfully assign the slave doser:
    https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/dow...nter-v1-0-9-1/

Hi Vinny,

I have downloaded the new GCC, unfortunately I am now no longer able to connect to the doser 2.1, I have tried creating a new connection within settings, but this will not connect either.

Just another note, the doser 2.1 is flashing red.

Any Idea Vinny ?

These dosers are supposed to be heading off to an installation at 'The Deep in Hull' one of the largest public aquariums in Europe, seems like I am going to show up with dosers that don't work.
    I would rather that was not the case.

Thanks

Another thought that may help.

Would it have caused a problem having copied a dosing profile over from a doser 2 ??

Check your USB connection settings in GCC. Make sure that the COM port is either set to AUTO or to the exact COM # as shown in your windows device manager.

Flashing red indicates that an alarm is active. Check your fluid container levels and refill. The flashing will then go away.

Thank you Vinny, much appreciated, I have now made a connection and manged to configure the doser.

Cheers

Hello, I am having a very similar issue where I cannot configure the slave doser.
    I have a relatively new primary 2.1 doser and just bought a new slave unit. Marcus had sent me the 1.0.8 version to try and it got me further along where at least I could see and assign the slave unit. But after that I cannot configure the slave doser numbers.
    It repeatedly says connection error 50 and never takes settings.

It also seems I am having issues connecting via USB now where I cannot get the port to activate... this was not the case prior to trying 1.0.8 but all of my configuration attempts were over wifi.
    It was only until reading this forum that I read I should try with USB but all of my USB connection attemps are not working where the computer never recognizes a connected device.

I am seeking help to resolve this - I've owned the slave unit for 1 month now and cannot use it.

Foozed
    If you're still having trouble assigning the slave doser numbering, please use this version of GCC:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/hqc7b162x6...0.9.2.zip?dl=0

When you install this version, make sure the USB COM connection is set to AUTO.

When you connect the USB cable to the doser and PC, you should see your device listed in Windows Device Manager, GHL Virtual Communications (COM #).

If you instead see it with a yellow exclamation mark, please uninstall this driver and reinstall by following these steps:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5arEm807628

If you do not see the device listed at all, please follow the steps in the link above.