Thread: Upgrading doser 2 to doser 2.1

Default Upgrading doser 2 to doser 2.1

I understand that the Doser 2.1 is a cosmetic upgrade from the Doser 2.
    Will the new heads for the 2.1 also fit the Doser 2?

They will not he compatible. The Doser 2.1 motors run at a different voltage than the 2.0 version.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
    They will not he compatible. The Doser 2.1 motors run at a different voltage than the 2.0 version.
    Thank you Vinny for the quick response.
    I only want to replace the pumps from my Doser 2. They have close to 2 years and are up for renewal. i see that the calibration is off a little bit every time I check.
    But I like the look of the blue pumps of the Doser 2.1
    So if the outside slots to fix the pumps are the same, would they fit?

The hole placement for the motor and caps on the 2.1 are different than the 2.0.

We do offer replacement 2.0 motors if you're looking to put in new 2.0 motors.

Is the calibration of the pumps on the Doser 2.1 more stable over time than on the 2.0?

Not sure I understand the question.

Calibration steps are the same for both 2.0 and 2.1.

As long as calibration is done properly, the motors will remain accurate. Only if you later change the tubing length, the pumps should be recalibrated.

After updating the firmware of my doser 2.0 (in order to use them with the KH Director) I noticed that the flow decreased, for example 4.4ml / mn-> 3.9ml / mn without having to modify anything other than the firmware.
    I do not know if it is related to the firmware update or if as the said janh001 if it is a problem of stability in calibration on the 2.0 "i see that the calibration is a little bit every time I check. " and which suggested that the 2.1 doser did not only have a new aesthetic appearance but also a better reliability.

Ah okay.

If you were previously running on a much older firmware, there was a later update which adjusted the power going to the motor which in-turn allowed for better pump performance. Since you're noticing a difference of 0.5ml, I suggest re-calibrating the pumps so that it takes the performance changes into account.