GHL Premium Reseller

You are a reseller and you'd like to see your banner her? Contact us!

Seite 1 von 2 12 LetzteLetzte
Zeige Ergebnis 1 bis 10 von 11

Thema: Loss of dose prime

Standard Loss of dose prime

Good morning.

I have had a few issues on and off with my GHL doser 2.0. I was running triton, but had to stop due to being unable to dose in equal amounts.

Now running balling light, but still having issues, where after a few days, if i manually dose it no liquid comes out. I then have to change the pump speed to fastest setting, keep hold of manual dose button and eventually liquid will come out. Then it will be ok for a few days, then I have to do the same process of 're priming' and changing speed setting and then calibrating.

My set up is on a reefer 425XL. The unit is mounted near the roof of the cabinet, the containers are on the floor of the cabinet, and I dose into the return section.

Any advice and help would be greatly received

Standard

This can happen when there's an air leak somewhere in the tubing. Are you using hard or soft tubing?

Soft tubing tends to create a better seal along the clear adapter fittings.

Are your dosing tubes running directly into the dosing containers or are they connected to RO-style fittings or bulkheads?

Have you recently cleaned the rollers?

If you can post a photo of your dosing setup, that can help us find the issue.

Standard

IMG_5647.jpg

I am using blue silicone airline as my tubing. The dosing containers are on the right side of the stand, on the floor, connected via RO style fittings. They then travel up to the doser mounted near the roof of the stand. From there it is then dosed into the baffle just before the return section.

I haven't cleaned the dosing heads so I will give this a try!!!

Standard

You mentioned that you use RO style fittings, and looking at the power plugs looks like you're in Europe(for now) - UK?
    Here in the US many consider John Guest fitting as "RO style" fittings - these are however pressure fittings, not vacuum fittings, meaning they seal with pressure in the line, and when using in dosing applications will usually leak/leak air.

marco

RS Reefer 450; /////GHL P3 * 2x PB5.1 * PLM-PWC * -> * 2x Mitras LX 7206, Doser 2 SA Royal Exclusiv RD3 80w(10v) * Bubble King Double Cone 180 w/ RD3
    GHL Owners Facebook Group: GHL Owners / ProfiLux / Mitras / etc

Standard

I am indeed in the UK, however I tested the theory that the RO style fitting on the TMC dosing containers could be causing air to get in, by by passing them and just having the tubes go directly into the liquids. This has NOT solved the issue. After a few days again, I need to re fill the lines.

I am using blue silicone airline and am thinking of replacing this with clear. Any recommendations on what the best product is to use? Is there any instruction on how to clean and maintain the heads?

Standard

Most users are going with 1/4" vinyl or silicone tubing.

The dosing pump heads can be serviced by removing the two screws holding the blue cap in-place. The rollers will then be removable and can be cleaned with warm water.

Standard

Thank you Vinny,

I have just ordered some 6mm silicone tube, arriving tomorrow. I will take the heads off this evening and give them a thorough clean with water. I will also test them by blowing both ways and see if I have any leaks. I am also going to cable tie the tubes to the ends as another security measure.

Standard

So new tubing arrived a few days ago and was installed. It takes 24 hours and the liquid starts to slowly draw backwards towards the containers. A length of roughly 60cm, creating an air gap.

The heads appear to create a seal as when I blow on either intake or outlet, air doesn't pass through. I am at the end of my tether with this unit now. Spent alot of money on the unit for it not to work!!!! It should be the heart of the sytsem

Standard

IMG_6073.jpg
    IMG_6074.jpg
    IMG_6078.jpg
    IMG_6078.jpg
    Some pictures before I cleaned the head. Can see the rollers have been scored by something. the rollers have almost got a small flake where something has dug into the plastic.
    I am monitoring them at the moment to see if it has helped

Standard

I will contact them now, Thank you