Thread: How to make skimmer dependent on return pump operation?

Default How to make skimmer dependent on return pump operation?

Hi, I am trying to figure out how I can make the following:

1 - I want my skimmer to ALWAYS stop when the return pump goes off (for any reason, not just maintenance or feed)
    2 - I want my skimmer to only start 10 minutes after the return starts. Again, I want this to happen always, not just black out, Feed, or maintenance. For example, If the return pump stops working I want the skimmer to turn off.

PLEASE help!

I have tried the following (but it does not work).

! - Created a G1 programmable logic function with the DELAYEDON function and set STREAM PUMP as "Input 1";
    2 - Defined Return Pump as "Stream Pump"
    3 - Defined skimmer as "Programmable Logic" and "Sub function / Index" 1 (I assume it has to be one given the Programmable logic was set on Gate 1...???

To be honest, I do not have a clue what the "Sub Function/Index" means...

Anyway, please help, otherwise my P4 is looking as a glorified timer with some probes...

Hello any answer on this old topic

Would be great to have the skimmer off when return pump off
    And then skimmer delayed when pump restarts at anytime

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Piero65 View Post
    Hello any answer on this old topic

Would be great to have the skimmer off when return pump off
    And then skimmer delayed when pump restarts at anytime

Thank you
    Hi, unfortunately none of the experts were able to help. In the end the best you can do is buy a level sensor put it in the sump and shut off the skimmer when the sensor is triggered. This way it will always work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by VJARDIM View Post
    ! - Created a G1 programmable logic function with the DELAYEDON function and set STREAM PUMP as "Input 1";
    2 - Defined Return Pump as "Stream Pump"
    3 - Defined skimmer as "Programmable Logic" and "Sub function / Index" 1 (I assume it has to be one given the Programmable logic was set on Gate 1...???
    Instead of defining the return pump as stream pump, it should work if the input of the prog. logic is set to same function that is used for the return pumps switch channel.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

das wird leider nicht helfen, da die wartungsprogramme nichts an der funktion ändern, sondern nur die steckdose überschreiben. schaltkanäle als eingang für die logik nutzen zu können währe da ein traum, aber auch eine möglichkeit für ein kreisspiel. so muss man halt alle wartungsprogramme und futterpausen über diverse gitter zusammenbauen und dann zusammen mit der ursprungsfunktion verzögert auf die steckdose legen.

please try this:
    programmable logiks:
    g1 maintanance 1 or maintanance 2
    g2 maintanance 3 or 4
    g3 logik 2 or 3
    g4 not filter 1
    g5 g 3 or g4
    g6 not g5

set your return pump as filter 1 and your skimmer as g6 with a delay.