Thread: testing programmable logic

Default testing programmable logic

Hi
    I'm new to profilux, its updated to latest firmware 7.06
    I have a p4 and i have connected a ghl level switch via a ply splitter to my pH/redox - level expansion card.

The switch is then supposed to be digital input 5 or 6 right ?

I tried to make a logic with digital input 5 or 6 to control output s1 (powerbar 5.1 PAB)
    I have assaigned the powerbar in pab settings.programmable logic.pngswitch channel.png

no sucesss so far
    Any tips ?
    I'm not sure the powerbar is correctly innstalled.
    Last edited by Vega77; 19.07.2017 at 13:46.

Hi,

If this is the first expansion card connected to the P4, the level port would be considered as Level5/6.

Digital Input is a separate feature and is not used in this case. Please refer to the P4 programming manual for more information on Digital Inputs.

Since you are using a GHL float sensor, you would create the function by going to the LEVEL settings page.

More information on the LEVEL settings features can be found in our programming manual.

What exactly are you looking to do with this float sensor?

It's a high level switch for the drain.
    It's supposed to stop the returnpump to avoid å flood.

The programming above was just to test the switch and the outlet socket.

Hi,

Okay you don't need programmable logic unless you already have a separate function assigned to the return pump outlet

Creating the function
    Go to the LEVEL settings page, select a control circuit, set the function to LEAKAGE DETECTION, select sensor 5, click OK.

Assigning the function to an outlet
    Go to the SWITCH CHANNELS AND OUTLETS settings page and select the outlet that has the return pump on it. Set the function to FILL WATER. The number you select for fill water will depend on what control circuit number you used in the Level settings page.

Save settings.

If you already have a function assigned to that outlet, skip the above step and go to the PROGRAMMABLE LOGIC settings page and select an unused gate. Set the function to AND. Set Input 1 to the function you already have assigned to the pump. Set Input 2 to FILL WATER. Select the control circuit number that you used in the first step. Click OK.

Navigate to the SWITCH CHANNELS AND OUTLETS settings page and select the outlet that has the return pump connected. Set the function to PROGRAMMABLE LOGIC. Select the gate number you used in the programmable logic settings page. Save settings.

Programmable Logic combines multiple functions so that you can assign the logic function to a specific outlet.

Once the above is done, you can test the function by simply moving the float switch up. This will simulate a high water level and trigger the leakage detection function, shutting down the assigned Powerbar socket.
    Last edited by Vinny; 19.07.2017 at 22:52.