Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: P4 email notifications

Default P4 email notifications

I have been able to get the profilux to send me an message to my email account, but I can´t get the message to show me any probe values?

Actual data and probe values will be made available once we have finalized "Token" support. It will be made available in an upcoming firmware update.

Quote Originally Posted by ZicoCata View Post
    I have been able to get the profilux to send me an message to my email account, but I can´t get the message to show me any probe values?
    Could you tell us how did you get the Profilux to send you an email?, please.
    I have a gmail account.

Thanks in advance!!

Quote Originally Posted by decena View Post
    Could you tell us how did you get the Profilux to send you an email?, please.
    I have a gmail account.

Thanks in advance!!
    I did use my outlook account but just go to your gmail outgoing mail settings and find out required info. Quick look to my gmail and it looks like settings for gmail are port:587 and domain mail server: smtp.gmail.com. Just fill up the other info (email adresses and passwords to your gmail) and you are set. Then just make a new message for examle to send you probe data and save (don´t forget to add recepient). Hit the test button and you should get on email in couple of minutes.
    Last edited by ZicoCata; 21.06.2017 at 11:09.

Quote Originally Posted by ZicoCata View Post
    I did use my outlook account but just go to your gmail outgoing mail settings and find out required info. Quick look to my gmail and it looks like settings for gmail are port:587 and domain mail server: smtp.gmail.com. Just fill up the other info (email adresses and passwords to your gmail) and you are set. Then just make a new message for examle to send you probe data and save (don´t forget to add recepient). Hit the test button and you should get on email in couple of minutes.
    You're very kind. Thanks a lot. I did what you said, but I receive this email:

$$REPS[32][0]$$ $$SENN[x]$$ : $$SENV[x]$$
    $$REPE$$

I should receive probes values. Whats the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by decena View Post
    You're very kind. Thanks a lot. I did what you said, but I receive this email:

$$REPS[32][0]$$ $$SENN[x]$$ : $$SENV[x]$$
    $$REPE$$

I should receive probes values. Whats the problem?
    You cannot get any values yet, as Vinny explained couple messages earlier. So you only get that "code" gibberish and they will make values available later.

There is no explanation of what needs to be set up to get this to work. The fields I have are:

ipserver - I selected domain mail server instead
    domain mail server - I put smtp.gmail.com
    my name - what is this used for?
    my email address - That I am sending to?
    user name - myaccount@gmail.com
    password - my gmail password

Is this correct? There is no explanation!

I have 4 entries in the top section, and they all consist of just this strange 'ÿ' character. I replaced on with a message and put the recipient as my email address (why do I need this again!) and pressed test. I didn't get any email.

---

I just got this appear in my gmail account:
    Hi John,
    Google just blocked someone from signing into your Google account jayhoe@gmail.com from an app that may put your account at risk.

Less secure app
    Wednesday, 28 June 2017 12:28 (GMT)
    Don't recognise this activity?
    If you didn't recently receive an error while trying to access a Google service, like Gmail, from a non-Google application, someone may have your password.

SECURE YOUR ACCOUNT

Are you the one who tried signing in?
    Google will continue to block sign-in attempts from the app that you're using because it has known security problems or is out of date. You can continue to use this app by allowing access to less secure apps, but this may leave your account vulnerable.

---

Have I set up correctly? Do I have to put gmail at risk to use this?

Thanks

John

I just tried telling gmail to allow the less secure access. I still don't get any emails and no further warnings from gmail.

I get no errors or messages in GCC either.

Hello JayHoe,

in your case it is likely, that you have to visit the unlock url, that has
    to be visited after you "allow less secure apps".

We made a manual in the following thread, which you can follow:

http://forum.aquariumcomputer.com/sh...6073#post76073
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

That sorted it thanks Matthias.

I have received a test alarm email and a test cyclical email. I'm looking forward to this being fully functional.