Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Questions about current state of P4 development

Default Questions about current state of P4 development

For lack of a general forum I write it here:

I am sincerely disappointed with the new P4 that many have bought, in a hurry, for the promotion and possible lack of stock.

Unfortunately, we bought a "half-cooked cake", a "car without seats". Indeed the P3 offered higher performance (Android and iOS APP, Internet server ...)

We really paid at least € 450 to get a product with lower performance.

This is incomprehensible

Kind regards

+1 I agree completely. Why to launch an expensive aquarium computer where many key operations have been disabled, still no email notifications for all users, no android app etc. and there has been several months, since the launch date to make those features to work. 450e is way too much for a product where almost he most basic operations has to be beta tested by customers. Also the customer service here on this forum has been slacking lately. Many threads with questions to GHL and no aswers. It shouldn´t take too much time to give somekind of an answer, for example to question, what is going on with the KH director (even only info if it is still on time to be launched in 2017). Previously I owned P2 plus and I loved it, so it was a natural transition to the new P4 as the brand was familiar to me and the new P4 seemed exciting in many ways. Needless to say, I have started to regret that decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by josepzp View Post
    For lack of a general forum I write it here:
    I am sincerely disappointed with the new P4 that many have bought, in a hurry, for the promotion and possible lack of stock.
    Unfortunately, we bought a "half-cooked cake", a "car without seats". Indeed the P3 offered higher performance (Android and iOS APP, Internet server ...)
    We really paid at least € 450 to get a product with lower performance.
    This is incomprehensible
    I am very disappointed and seriously value changing the Apex from Neptune Systems
    Kind regards
    I must ask, other than Android and iOS App and Internet server - what "performance" did the P3 offer that makes you feel that the P4 is a "half-cooked cake" ?
    While I'll agree that the release of newer features has been a bit slower than anticipated due to some overhead, it's well underway and feature releases are back on track.

Quote Originally Posted by ZicoCata View Post
    +1 I agree completely. I have been toying with an idea to swap to Apex as well. Why to launch an expensive aquarium computer where many key operations have been disabled, still no email notifications for all users, no android app etc. and there has been several months, since the launch date to make those features to work. 450e is way too much for a product where almost he most basic operations has to be beta tested by customers. Also the customer service here on this forum has been slacking lately. Many threads with questions to GHL and no aswers. It shouldn´t take too much time to give somekind of an answer, for example to question, what is going on with the KH director (even only info if it is still on time to be launched in 2017). Previously I owned P2 plus and I loved it, so it was a natural transition to the new P4 as the brand was familiar to me and the new P4 seemed exciting in many ways. Needless to say, I have started to regret that decisions.
    I'm sorry you feel this way, certainly can't stop you from swapping to the apex, if you feel this to be the right step.
    However if you allow me to assist with your P4 I'd be happy to...
    We most certainly value all customers, past and current.

I'm not sure if you've been keeping up with MyGHL - tons of features have been implemented and optimized on MyGHL, and speeds are also hugely improved as well as connection timing.

Since you're a long time GHL customer, as you mention, you understand that we're not big on pushing software to appease the masses in the name of pushing software. We understand that you trust our gear for the reliability, efficiency and longevity that it is known for, and you've experienced over the years.
    The P4 builds on this principle, has higher performance and more "power" to drive the product for some time. As part of this redesign we've taken further steps to allow expansion of the system and to feature proof it.

FYI - Email notifications are in final testing
    Info on the KH Director will be released when we have a timeline ready for public digestion. We don't want to disappoint you again

Please if you have an issue, let me know and I'll be grad to assist.

-Marco
    marco

RS Reefer 450; /////GHL P3 * 2x PB5.1 * PLM-PWC * -> * 2x Mitras LX 7206, Doser 2 SA Royal Exclusiv RD3 80w(10v) * Bubble King Double Cone 180 w/ RD3
    GHL Owners Facebook Group: GHL Owners / ProfiLux / Mitras / etc

Oh my God!

I sincerely apologize to you… I don't know who are you… I think, perhaps, a GHL staff member… if not you're a fanboy, and I thought there were no fanboys here.

Now… look at this:
    1.- I used the iOS app frequently to activate, for example, the feeding pause, because my P3 (now P4) it's inside a cabinet. Yes, I'm a bit vague for not opening the door.
    2.- I used the web often, from my office, to control the parameters.
    3.- I used the web often to see the statistics on the parameters of pH, redox, salinity etc ...

With respect to the rest of news and improvements, honestly, I have not noticed in my day to day ... instead what I used already can not be used.

Maybe you'll get other improvements, too, sure, but not in exchange for not being able to use the above.

Sorry, it's like I was sold a car in which the radio was not implemented yet ... does it work? Yes, of course, but I like music.

A cordial greeting

Quote Originally Posted by josepzp View Post
    Oh my God!

I sincerely apologize to you… I don't know who are you… I think, perhaps, a GHL staff member… if not you're a fanboy, and I thought there were no fanboys here.

Now… look at this:
    1.- I used the iOS app frequently to activate, for example, the feeding pause, because my P3 (now P4) it's inside a cabinet. Yes, I'm a bit vague for not opening the door.
    2.- I used the web often, from my office, to control the parameters.
    3.- I used the web often to see the statistics on the parameters of pH, redox, salinity etc ...

With respect to the rest of news and improvements, honestly, I have not noticed in my day to day ... instead what I used already can not be used.

Maybe you'll get other improvements, too, sure, but not in exchange for not being able to use the above.

Sorry, it's like I was sold a car in which the radio was not implemented yet ... does it work? Yes, of course, but I like music.

A cordial greeting

Nothing personal but we need to tone it down here and watch the language.

Calling someone a "fanboy" regardless of the situation is not proper.

People here are a community.

We are all trying to help each other the best we can.

I admit I have been ********** at GHL over the years.
    But I have also been a customer for the past 10 years.

If you have been in a relationship with anyone for this long I am sure you will have disagreements.

Overall, I believe GHL produces the BEST product in the market.

Do I believe sometimes equipment comes out with some "kinks" that need to be iron out? Yes.

But I also believe it's because they are being "pushed" by us the consumers to get them out asap.

For example... the kH director!!!
    People; let GHL brass develop it PROPERLY so when it comes out we have a working product.

I believe the P4 has its limitations but I believe they are very "small" and I also know that, because of GHL track re cord they WILL make those changes asap. And look at ALL the things you CAN do with P4 that you couldn't do with P3. Start with myGHL...

I do own a P4, two P3 and thousands of $$$ worth of GHL products. And to be honest I would NOT trade them for anything.

I still own my first P3 that's over 6 years old.
    It's actually upgraded and working on my QT Tank flawlessly.

So please feel free to voice your opinions but treat people the same way you would like to be treated.

I have personally known most of the GHL people here including the owner and I have to say they are all very hard working individuals who are only trying to help the consumer out!

JUST MY OPINION.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi!
    If someone has been offended by using the expression "fanboy" I apologize. For me it is not an insult or contempt, when I consider myself "Fanboy" of, for example, Apple or Nintendo.
    Really sorry.

But this should not hide the fact that GHL has put on sale an unfulfilled product and this is intolerable.

As much as when my dear Apple has manufactured products with bugs or when Nintendo sells its Mini Classic NES with only 30 games ... but of that I complain in its forums.

If GHL has had our pressure to improve the Profilux, it had to have resisted and not put on sale a product half finished.

Did the painter leave your house half painted? Did Renault sell you a three-wheeled car? Have you seen the fall in Volkswagen for lying in the case of diesel?

You say that P4 has small limitations, but for me they are essential, like the car radio I quoted in my previous post. And I also have a lot of money invested in Profilux

And I have not yet read a single comment by anyone from GHL

That is a bit sad

In my opinion, too

Jose,
    Your complaints have been duly noted, let's lay them to rest though. That way everyone can go back to work and be productive, bringing the features you're missing, rather than responding to posts that have no productive value.
    GHL is well aware of which features are requested, and is working on bringing them in upcoming updates...

I certainly understand your frustration, and if you carefully read my first response, I laid out that this was not the intention. However sometimes things happen, and we'll work around it. Again, my apologies that you've feel let down, but rest assured that GHL is working on resolving all open items, sooner than later.

Respectfully,
    Marco
    marco

RS Reefer 450; /////GHL P3 * 2x PB5.1 * PLM-PWC * -> * 2x Mitras LX 7206, Doser 2 SA Royal Exclusiv RD3 80w(10v) * Bubble King Double Cone 180 w/ RD3
    GHL Owners Facebook Group: GHL Owners / ProfiLux / Mitras / etc

Very thank you
    Sincerely yours

Hello ,
    Can we hope that the internal P4 web server be functional for this summer?
    Would it not be possible to have an estimated timetable for the release dates of major pending functions?
    I respect your work and I know it is not easy but I think it would be good for us.
    No need for a specific date or commitment on dates but less an estimated roadmap
    At least for big things like :
    -Emails
    -Internal webserver
    -Android APP
    To find out if this is counted in days, weeks, months or years
    Thank you in advance
    Last edited by Aqua-Passion; 10.06.2017 at 10:30.
    --
    Best Regards, Stéphane DAILLY.
    Administrator www.aqua-passion.com.

Email support has just been released.
    myGHL gets finally graphs in a few days.
    Other features are in the pipeline.
    We just hired another software developer for speeding up the app and webserver development.
    I am quite confident we will see app and webserver in 2 months.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.