Thread: Connecting multiple profilux

Default Connecting multiple profilux

I'd like to connect my Profilux 3 and Profilux 2 ex.
    What would be the best way forward?
    Would the profilux 2 come up on the Profilux 3 webserver?

This kind of connection would not be possible because both are designed to be master controllers.

Hello,
    I have a question near to this one:
    In my club, we have two profilux (one 3.1 and one) 3.1T for two diffrent aquariums. Each of them has it's own powerbars, profilux touch, sensors, level sensors,...
    On PAB connection guides I saw we can connect on same chain of PAB connections, connect several Profilux box.
    I wanted to know what this will bring to me to do that?
    And how this will behave? Will on profilux will be able to order any powerbars on this PAB chain?
    Will one Profilux touch will be able to see sensors of both Profilux....
    Is there any documentation explaining this point?
    Thanks
    Houman Hashemi

Houman,

If you wanted to connect the second aquarium to the same ProfiLux, you would need an expansion box 2. This EXB2 would connect to the P3.1 via PAB.

Your current PAB devices and probes would then connect to this EXB2. All sensors and Powerbar outlets will be able to be given their own names so that you can see which probe and outlet belongs to which aquarium.

This will allow you to connect to one ProfiLux and still see your status for both aquariums. With this kind of setup, a ProfiLux Touch can be sent to display probe readings from both aquariums. You can also connect multiple ProfiLux Touch displays and specify the data displayed for each Touch.

Hello Vinny,
    Yes this is what I already understood but it was not my question.
    I already have two Profilux with each of them their probes, level sensors, profilux touch, powerbars,...
    So I have two chain of PAB connected:
    PAB chain 1: Profilux1, Profilux Touch 1, Powerbar1, Powerbar2,
    PAB chain 2: Profilux2, Profilux Touch 2, Powerbar3, Powerbar4,

I wanted to know what will hapenned if I'm puting a PAB cable between the two chains?
    Because in your Profilux documentation we can see that:
    multi profilux.jpg
    So I wanted to understand how things will behave if we do that and which profilux will command which powerbar ?
    Or for instance it will give access to probes connected to Profilux 1 on Profilux 2?
    Thanks
    Houman

yes, you can do that, but each master must be in a different group

all slave devices then belong to this group
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Hello Matthias and thanks for the answer.
    Sorry, don't know what you mean by master and slave?
    A profilux can be master or slave or all profilux are always master?
    Any documentation about this aspect?
    Thanks
    Houman