Thread: Mitras Lightbar control and selection

Default Mitras Lightbar control and selection

I have a 135x80x55cm reef tank which is lit by a 8x54w fixture.
    I would like to add at the side of the t5 fixture 2 extra Mitras lightbars but have following questions:
    - i have the profilux 3.1t. So with the splitter and the connection cable I will be able to adjust/program the 7 color channels. Correct?
    - Which are these channels? On the website I find only 6 (6 type of LED's used)
    - will these mitras lightbars add more "shimmer" to the tank when the T5's are not at full power?
    - I am doubting between the Actinic and the Deep Actinic. Any suggestion?

Thanks in advance.
    Jan

Hi Jan,

1. Yes, those are the parts you will need. Just make sure you purchase the Mitras LB-Profilux cable that has the RS232 end. This cable will connect directly to the RS232 port of the P3 and allow you full control over all the LED channels on the Light bar 2.

2. The exact LED configurations will vary depending on the model; Actinic, Deep Actinic, etc. These details can be seen here:
    https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/pro...as-lightbar-2/

3. The addition of these will certainly add shimmer. The extent of the shimmer will depend on light bar placement, water surface agitation, rock placement, overall brightness, etc.

A combination of Actinic and Deep Actinic works out very nicely and provides a great balance of light intensity and coral color improvement.

Thank you Vinny.
    If i like to order this and have it shipped to UAE, who is there to contact for the shipping quotation?

Please contact GHL Germany for shipping information:
    Sales@ghl-kl.de