Thread: Dosing pump ph control

Default Dosing pump ph control

Hi. I had a search but can't find an answer.
    Currently have my ato controlled by a tunze osmolator, dosing kalk. I have that plugged into the powerbar but not controlled by any programming.
    I also have my doser pump 1 dosing vinegar for carbon and for lowering any major ph swings caused by the kalk using a set dose amount of 50ml day and ph control down 5sec on 10min off.
    This is a programmable logic input 1=doser 1
    Input 2=ph down
    AND

How do I stop the automatic dose if the ph has been high all day due to extra evaporation? Ie if ph down has run 20 times I don't want to also dose 50ml

Anyone?

Sorry, I don't understand exactly what you're looking to do.

It sounds like you already have your Doser set to react to pH changes by turning on when your pH has risen beyond the desired value. If 20 times is the maximum amount of times you want the doser to run, you would need to lessen the amount of Kalk in your ATO to reduce the effects on your pH. This in turn should also lessen the number of times your dosing pump runs throughout the day.

Hi. The 20 times was an example. What I want is a P. L that tells the doser to run ph down and dosed amount but not more than X amount.
    Current set ph is 8.3 hysteresis 0.1. And ph is stable at 8.3
    In winter not much evaporation so use the timer to dose 50ml spaced evenly throughout the day. In summer lots of evaporation so added the ph down Plogic.
    Is there an AND/OR logic that would stop the scheduled dose from running if ph has been brought down already? To prevent overdose of vinegar and bacteria bloom

Anyone?

Just got back from 3 days away to a cloudy snot filled tank. Bacteria bloom

Hi, currently I use the AND in the programming logic where I use the pH probe as input one (1) and a timer as input two (2), after calibration the pump delivers 20ml so I set the amount per dose to that. I set the timer to dose 12 times per day but this will only happen if the pH is in the specified (lower) range, pH has been very stable soo far, hope this helps.

Yep ended up going with And. And increased my ph to 8.4 trigger to reduce the vinegar dose.

One thing I noticed though is the counter in the doser section for ml left in container doesn't reduce based on the ph down amount. I set my fill to 2000ml and it barely moved even though container was empty