Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Wifi Issue with P4

OK I have tried again. These are my general settings...
    Capture2.jpg

and my communications settings
    Capture1.jpg

I pinged it...
    Capture5.JPG

I set up a new auto search P4 connection...
    Capture3.JPG

And tried to connect
    Capture 4.JPG

I have just realised that I didn't do it static, so will try that now.

I tried again static...

Capture1.JPG

I pinged it and got 4 replies.

I set up a new wifi connection using static...
    Capture2.JPG

Tried to connect and...
    Capture3.JPG

I entered the ip into the browser and for the first time I get...
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]9385[/ATTACH

I can confirm that the P4 and the Mitras no longer appear in the wifi list.

Help! Please assume I understand nothing of networking.

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Damn. I just tried to connect again and it works??!!! This was a delay of several minutes before it trying. The video said about 30 seconds.

I would appreciate if you still look over my settings and see if it is all ok. Also, can you explain why someonewould select access point if you can't access it at all!

Also, why static and not automatic?

Also, should I still upgrade the wifi firmware now? (I don't know how someone would do this without wifi as the instructions say you need a stable wifi connection!)

Any explanation?!

Thanks

John
    Last edited by JayHoe; 27.04.2017 at 14:33.

There are a few things to clarify here. The P4 has a WiFi module that allows users to connect directly to it through its built-in hotspot. This is called "Access Point". When users want to connect directly to the P4 without having to go through their home WiFi network, they would create a name for this hotspot (SSID) and assign a password. In order to connect directly to the P4, one would first have to have the WiFi-Mode set to "Access Point" or "Client & Access Point". The IP address that is listed in the right column (Settings for access point mode) is what you would enter into the HOST box when you want to connect directly to the P4's hotspot. Of course, you'd also have to make sure the device you are using to connect with is also connected to the P4's hotspot. When you search for WiFi networks on your device, the SSID you assigned in the access point column will show.

Explanation of each WiFi modus option

Client (Infrastructure)
    Used for connecting to the P4 over your WiFi network ONLY. Enter your WiFi information into the left column (Settings for client mode). The right column is left unchanged.

Access Point
    Used for connecting directly to the P4 via its built-in hotspot. Enter your desired SSID and hotspot password into the right column (Settings for access point mode). Left column is left unchanged.

Client & Access Point
    Used for connecting to the P4 over your WiFi network AND for connecting directly to the P4 via the built-in hotspot. Enter your WiFi information in the left column and enter your desired SSID and hotspot password into the right column.

We created a video that used the Client & Access Point option because it allows users to have the option to connect directly to the P4 via the hotspot, IF they choose to do so. If this option is selected, you are not obligated to enter any information in the right column. It can be left as is.

If you can ping the device and receive 4 packets sent and received, you have enough of a connection to do the WiFi module update.

OK,

Thanks for the explanation!

so there is no point in me having client and access then as if I am close enough to connect via the hotspot, I may as well use the home wifi? Yes?

Asfor the wifi firmware, is it recommended I update it then? (If so I will do this tomorrow as I need to go to work soon).

Thanks Matthias and Vinny

You need client mode because you use the P4 in your existing "infrastructure" (this is: PC<->router/access point<->P4...other devices)

I saw that DNS is not correct. I assume this should be the same address as your gateway (=router/access point).

You need correct gateway and DNS if you want to access from "outside" (e.g. myGHL)
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Hi,

I have the same problem too.

EgaReef, please use in GCC connection settings the IP instead of <AUTO>
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Is there a problem with auto?