Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wifi Issue with P4

Ok thanks ,
    I will watch and redo the wifi configuration
    Locally it works at 90% with GCC
    But from time to time the p4 becomes unreachable I have to reboot it or turn off / turn on the wifi
    It display low signal ( Other wifi objects work without problems )
    At the same place with my phone the wifi is correct

The big problem is with myghl
    Locally I have between 50 and 60% success I think.
    But with myghl from the outside, 90-95% of the time it does not happen and often I have the error : "Session expired. Navigate to ManageDevices and reconnect. "

I had to try many times this today and I only had to get there really only 3-4 times
    And often when it works I can only consult 2-3 pages and then it crashes, I can not get any more

In "Wifi-Modus" option
    Should we choose ("Client" or "Client & Access Point" ) ?

Thanks
    Best regards, Stephane

Hello Stephane,

I cannot help you with poor wifi connections because I don't have them. My router is about 3 meters from the profilux and only the tank's kabinet door is between it. There is a post from ghl asking for beta wifi testers. You should ask them to join at support@ghl-kl.de. I am participating and i know from other posts they are working hard on solving that problem (as more people have the same issues). Havent had any issues with the new wifi firmware an hopefully it solves your issues.
    As i said, try the port forwarding on your modem. This should help a bit.
    In the support videos from GHL USA youtube channel they say you should check the option Client & Access point. Why i don't know. I have checked that but i am not using the access point feature. I do not have anything configured in the "settings for access point mode".

Cheers,
    Tom

Thank you for your answers
    Yes , I will ask them for the beta test wifi
    For security issues ping and port forwarding are disbled on the network
    Normally I access the local network only by vpn but since there is no application android it is complicated
    At worst I should wait.

I ask myself the same question for the option after watching the video ;-)

Thank you
    Best regards, Stephane

Well I have similar problem.

Originally I had messed around and had wifi from my laptop via gcc to the P4. One day after about 1 week it stopped and hasn't worked since. I have just deleted the wifi connection and started again with the videos with both static and non static IPs. Both times I can ping it wireless. In my laptop list of wifi points it shows up. If I try to connect with GCC it just says 'Could not connect. Do you want to check the settings'

Also, my Mitras lamps - they are controlled properly with the P4, they appear on my list of wifi points, but again, with GCC I get the same couldn't connect message.

It appears everything is configured, the wifi is working, it just will NOT connect. :-( Everything LOOKS ok, but GCC will not talk to it on wifi.

I am using GCC 7.05.

What is the WiFi module firmware of your P4? This is listed in the communication settings page of GCC. It can also be found by accessing the websever; type in the IP address of the controller in the web browser.

Hi Vinny,

It says Module Firmware 6233 in GCC.

Putting the IP in my browser says 'can't reach this page.

When using auto search IP, software reports 'No GHL products and be found on the network.'

Oh, and there are 3 LEDs on the front of the P4. Alarm on the right (no lit!) and one each side of 'WiFi' The one on the right of it is green, the one left doesn't light up. Which of the left and centre ones is for wifi and what is the other?

Thanks

Please use download and use the newest version of GCC, then update the WiFi module by following these steps:
    https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/how...e-wifi-module/

If the middle green light is on (some blinking is normal), then it indicates that your device is communicating with your network. The light to the left of the P4 turns on when you connect directly to the P4's WiFi instead of going through your network.

I have asimilar problem. I have the newest version of GCC and I have updated the wifi module.

Ive setup the wifi connection also per GHL USA youtube video excactly. but i cannot connect by using the GHL control center over Wifi. The GHL control center says it cannot find my device.

When i look in the control center (via USB) it says it is connected. Also connected with MyGHL.
    It has gotten an IP and when i ping the IP i get an response.
    The light on the P4 shows green and flickers sometimes.
    I can connect to my GHL perfectly (no problems). But it is impossible to connect by using GCC over Wifi.

they appear on my list of wifi points
    I guess this is exactly the problem.
    It seems you want to use the Mitras/P4 in your infrastructure (STA) but you use it as access point?

set static IP

use this IP in GCC in the connection settings

Some screenshots of your settings would really help.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Matthias,

I don't understand.

I want to be able to connect to P4 using my laptop over wifi - wouldn't that mean it is an access point? What is my infrastructure (STA)?

Can you explain the difference between access point and infrastructure please. Some of us are not network savvy.

I will try the other way and if no result will try and post screenshots.

John