Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Wifi Issue with P4

Quote Originally Posted by Going Deep View Post
    I have both. I am currently using the Fios router via the static ip method for the profilux 4
    So you airport is connected to the fios and you use the wifi name of your airport on the P4 with static ip? When you do any changes you do it on the airport?

I am bypassing the airport and going directly to the fios router through its ssid. I can use the airport if u think that would work better

I am bypassing the airport and going directly to the fios router through its ssid. I can use the airport if u think that would work better
    Yes I would do that. Separate the 2.4 and 5ghz, then connect the Profilux to the 2.4 network.

Here is a guide how to separate the networks on airport: https://www.podfeet.com/blog/tutoria...rport-utility/

Thanks. I will try that and see if it will help

Quote Originally Posted by alekslyse View Post
    Do you use apple airport today or only your verizon router? Do you have more than one wifi network or only one that you can see when you try to connect to wifi?
    I tried your approach and 5ghz was unchecked. Wifi is still not working.

I tried your approach and 5ghz was unchecked. Wifi is still not working.
    Do you have a screenshot of your connection page in ghl control center?

Problem seems to have been fixed. It was due to weak WiFi signal. Was not successful with AirPort Extreme though. Thanks for your help and also to Vinny!

Hello. Resurrecting this again. I had good connection from my verizon fios router except for the last two weeks. Signal strength is around -54db and it does not seem strong enough since it is behind another wall and 15 feet away. Want to get another router (I have a Apple but does not seem to work). Any recommendations on compatible router with the profilux 4?

By my testing with routers probably the most stable has been a Netgear orbi as it creates a semi mesh network (5ghz backhaul).

A -54db signal is pretty good, so I'm not sure if the signal is the problem. If your router can, try with a guest network that is isolated to see if anything is disturbing the network or try to lock it on channel 1, 6 or 11.

Quote Originally Posted by alekslyse View Post
    By my testing with routers probably the most stable has been a Netgear orbi as it creates a semi mesh network (5ghz backhaul).

A -54db signal is pretty good, so I'm not sure if the signal is the problem. If your router can, try with a guest network that is isolated to see if anything is disturbing the network or try to lock it on channel 1, 6 or 11.

Thanks. I tried this but still no luck. Have not done anything with WIFI so not sure why it is not working. All other devices connected via WIFI to my verizon router are working just fine. I have tried changing settings in the communications section with no luck. Any advice will be appreciated.