Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Wifi Issue with P4

Login using the admin screen for the router usually 192.168.1.1 for this router defaults are admin for bot username and password.

First, click the option of NAT in the left sidebar.

A new menu appears at this point, click the option of Virtual Servers.

You are then shown a new page. Select the link in the centre section of the page labelled Add New.

The fields you have should now be populated with the following:-

Service Port: 10001
    Internal Port: (BLANK)
    IP Address: This is the static IP you have assigned the P4
    Protocol: ALL

Then click save and that's 10001 forwarded, repeat the process again using this :-

Service Port: 30718
    Internal Port: (BLANK)
    IP Address: This is the static IP you have assigned the P4
    Protocol: ALL

Click save again.

You may need to reboot the router and the P4 after the router but hopefully just the router.

The ports have to be forwarded to a specific IP to enable two way communication as they sit within the same network BUT still have to go through the firewall of the router etc.

Hope all this works
    Dave

Wow thanks Dave. I will try this when I get the chance.

Cheers

John

I never ctually got around to Daves suggestion! However, I just did the GCC, firmware and wifi upgrade again today and I noticed the wifi password had blanked itself out. I put it in and it burst into life again.

I wonder if this is the issue I and others have had, the P4 losing the wifi password?

Hello JayHoe,

the settings are not shown right after the start, it takes approximately 20-30 seconds
    until the WiFi parameters have been transmitted.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Ok. A shame as it might have been an easy fix!

Resurrecting this thread. Just installed my profilux 4 and thanks to Vinny for helping me. I am seeing the same wifi problems. My GHL seems to be working fine but the wifi stops consistently. I have static IP set up and i am using the verizon fios router (actiontec) and when I looking into the settings for port fowarding it says none. Do I need to create a port forwarding rule? Any help would be greatly appreciated. NOTE: I am IT dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Going Deep View Post
    Resurrecting this thread. Just installed my profilux 4 and thanks to Vinny for helping me. I am seeing the same wifi problems. My GHL seems to be working fine but the wifi stops consistently. I have static IP set up and i am using the verizon fios router (actiontec) and when I looking into the settings for port fowarding it says none. Do I need to create a port forwarding rule? Any help would be greatly appreciated. NOTE: I am IT dumb.
    I would reccomend starting to try and make sure your router does not use "smart band / smart connect / shared band" - like 2.4 and 5 at the same SSID. If you cant turn of shared SSID, some routers support setting up a guest network on the 2.4ghz channel that might help and use that for your GHL devices.

Also make sure uPNP is enabled on your router - you do not need to forward any ports manually.
    Last edited by alekslyse; 21.12.2017 at 19:53.

Sorry but I dont understand how to determine whether my router does ot use "smart band/smartconect and my router does not have uPNP. I have a verizon fios router (actionte MI424WR-GEN3I). I also can use apple airport extreme that is connected via lan on my fios router

Quote Originally Posted by Going Deep View Post
    Sorry but I dont understand how to determine whether my router does ot use "smart band/smartconect and my router does not have uPNP. I have a verizon fios router (actionte MI424WR-GEN3I). I also can use apple airport extreme that is connected via lan on my fios router
    Do you use apple airport today or only your verizon router? Do you have more than one wifi network or only one that you can see when you try to connect to wifi?

I have both. I am currently using the Fios router via the static ip method for the profilux 4