Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Wifi Issue with P4

After the help on here a few days ago wifi was working 100%.

Now it has stopped again! The green light still flashes. I can still ping the IP. I have made no changes. However I am getting the could not connect, do you want to check setting message again.

This is very frustrating. To confirm, it is the fixed IP. I have tried rebooting the router.

I have the same issue. It seems that there is a bug in the final WiFi Version.
    You have to do the steps 1-3 again.
    In my case the WiFi connection stops again after approx. 15 minutes...

I have just powered down the P4 and reloaded it... and it works.

There is definitely something 'flakey' with the wifi as I made zero changes but it stopped working and is now ok again :shrug:

Hello,

Quote Originally Posted by Yosh01 View Post
    I have the same issue. It seems that there is a bug in the final WiFi Version.
    You have to do the steps 1-3 again.
    In my case the WiFi connection stops again after approx. 15 minutes...

Please send you and other facing this problem the ProfiLux backup settings from
    GHL Control Center to support@ghl-kl.de

We will have a look into this.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

This morning it is not working again. Even powering down the P4 doesn't help. I had to connect with USB to backup the ettings - I will send them to support now, thanks Matthias.

I sent my settings to support, and they replied that they think I have poor signal.

I can't believe this is the cause - it works 100% for a few days and then stops and never works until resetting stuff. I would expect poor signal to be much more intermittent.

I had this problem while setting up my P4 last night and found after trawling the internet that port forwarding ports 10001 AND 30718 fixed the issue and I can now connect without issue using wifi. This was on a Billion router.

I don't know how to do that. What is 10001 and 30718? How can anyone just decide that those ports need something doing?!

I am at the end of my tether. I had 20 years in IT and am comfortable with tech but networking Is a black art, I don't understand it and I hate it! I don't understand how once you have a group of configuration settings set up and working, how it can stop! Nothing has changed.

*sigh*

As of now I STILL can't connect to my P4 via wifi. I have made the settings so many times only to have it burst into life and then a few minutes later drop out to not come back again. The green light is flashing. Myghl reports the wifi signal as -72dbm.

I have fixed IP and a good wifi router signal.

firmware is 7.06
    wifi firmware is 6318

:-(

The P4 has run my tank PERFECTLY so far. But this wifi issue is driving me crazy.

Which router model do you have I'll see how it's done and report back

TP-Link AC1750

That's very kind of you. When/if you find out, please explain what the update is for! Why would a port be forwarded? What is it forwarded to!

Thanks

John