Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wifi Issue with P4

Default Wifi Issue with P4

Hello,

Yesterday my P4 arrived. I am very exited but i ran into a issue.

Ive setup the wifi connection als per GHL USA youtube video excactly. but i cannot connect by using the GHL control center over Wifi. The GHL control center says it cannot find my device.

When i look in the control center (via USB) it says it is connected. Also connected with MyGHL.
    It has gotten an IP and when i ping the IP i get an response.
    Also a Telnet connection to the IP adress on port 10001 works. The light on the P4 shows green and flickers sometimes(mostly just after startup).
    Ive tried both static and dynamic ip adresses but the result is the same. (now set on static)
    When i fill in a IP in the control center and click on configuration it opens a browser and it askes me for an username and password. When i change it back to search automaticly and click configuration it cannot find the device.
    Ive tried factory reset, power off 2 min.

I don't know if its relevant but when i fill in my ID in MyGHL it also says it cannot find the device

Hopefully you can help me solve this issue.
    Thanks in advance,

Cheers,
    Tom

Can you ping the IP address of your ProfiLux 4 from your PC?
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Hello Matthias,

Yes i can ping the profilux 4 from my pc (cable) aswell as my laptop (Wifi).
    Telnet is also working so it is not a firewall issue.

Cheers,

Hi Tom,

Which version of GCC are you using?

Hello Vinny,

I am using the latest version.
    But i seem to have solved the issue.
    I have a modem where wifi was disabled. I also have a router (Nighthawk R7000) wich operates as an access (wifi) point. When i use the access point wifi connection it does not want to connect. But i enabled the wifi on the modem and then tried to connect to that and this works .
    Somehow my R7000 does not pass trough any data or some other wierd thing. Ill look into that later, Im just happy it works now!
    Thank you for your quick responses tho!

Cheers,
    Tom

Skærmbillede 2017-04-05 kl. 19.26.53.png

Try to remove the check box smart connect

That did the trick! Thanks Martinc!

Hello ,
    I have some problems with the wifi connection on my profilux 4
    It is often unreachable by the wifi
    in myghl
    Often I can connect once and after that becomes impossible
    After a long wait I have the message
    Session expired. Navigate to ManageDevices and reconnect.
    I looked for the option "smart connect" but I did not find it
    Can you tell me or I can find it?
    Thanks in advance
    Best regards, Stephane

Hallo Stephane the smart connect is on the router if you have the R7000 from netgear.An not on the profilux 4:-).I think the timeout you get is a server problem i get it sometimes here as well
    Regards
    martin DK

Hello Stephane,

As Martinc says, this is something on the R7000 netgear router.

I too get the session expired message alot when I try to connect outside of my network (at work or at friends) with myghl. If you have access to you router/modem you can try to put a port forward in it. Port 80 to your IP adress from your profilux.
    This seems to solve the problem to access it outside your network most of the time (did for me, my brother who lives in another country). But myghl is still in beta so expect some issues. I am certain they will be adresses and will be solved if myghl goes live.

Cheers,
    Tom