Thread: Mitras 6100hv dead - does not power on

Default Mitras 6100hv dead - does not power on

I purchased a 6100 HV from a reefer in August, and I am just getting to installation in my build. The light had some work done on it by GHL for the previous owner - replaced the main board and a few pucks. It worked when I plugged it in to test it right after I received it. It's been sitting in the box for 6 months, and now that I want to use it - it doesn't work.

I am wondering if I am missing something basic? I plug it in, and nothing happens - the LCD display does not come on. I have another working Mitras, and I have tried using that power supply with this light (to rule out the supply), and it doesn't work. I disassembled the light, thinking that maybe something was loose, but there is nothing obvious.

Before I decide if I want to send this in for repair, I am wondering if there is something I can try on my own. I'd hate to ship it in only to be told that I missed something simple ...

Tom

I think you cant do much more, you already checked the power supply and if something is loose

the end user can't do much more

I think the only option is to send it to GHL (depends on where you live) to check if it is possible to repair and if it is worth it
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthias View Post
    I think you cant do much more, you already checked the power supply and if something is loose

the end user can't do much more

I think the only option is to send it to GHL (depends on where you live) to check if it is possible to repair and if it is worth it
    Ok, thanks for the reply. I will check with GHL USA on the procedure for having it checked.