Thread: Level sensor configuration

Default Level sensor configuration

Dear all

I have 4 optic level sensors and I would really appreciatte some help to configure them

The first one is for auto top off and it's properly set up
    The second one I would like to configure it to stop the return pump when the sump is almost empty in order not to burn it
    The third one I would like to configure it to stop the return pump when the water achieve the level of the sensor to avoid overflow of the main tank (it's placed in the tank)
    And the fourth one I would like to configure it to stop the skimmer when the water level of the sump is really high

I have two level plugs in my computer and two Y cables

I tried several options but without success

Thanks really much for your help

Bests
    Ignasi

Hello Ignasi,

With your setup, you will want to assign each sensor to its own control circuit on the Level settings page. Since you'd like for sensor 2 and 3 to control the return pump you will need to use Programmable Logic to tie these two together on one powerbar socket.

The steps below assume you have these 4 sensors connected via PL-LY splitter to L1/L2 and L3/4, respectively.

1st Sensor - ATO (Already assigned)

2nd sensor - Shutdown return pump if low water level
    - Go to the Level settings page, select Control circuit 2, set to Leakage detection, select sensor number used, and set Max on-time.
    Leakage Detection (2).JPG
    - Invert the function of this sensor in the Level settings page
    Leakage Detection (2)(1).JPG

By default, with the sensor function inverted, the return pump will stay on when the float is in the upwards position. When the float drops, the return pump will turn off.

3rd Sensor - Shutdown return to avoid tank overflow
    - Go to the Level settings page, select Control circuit 3, set to Leakage detection, select sensor number used, and set Max on-time.

4th Sensor - Shutdown skimmer if sump water level is too high
    - Go to the Level settings page, select Control circuit 4, set to Leakage detection, select sensor number used, and set Max on-time.

Combining Sensor 2 and 3 functions in Programmable Logic
    - Go to the Programmable Logic settings page
    - Select an unused gate. For example, G1.
    - Set Input 1 to Fill water 2
    - Set Input 2 to Fill water 3
    - Set Function to AND
    PL.JPG

Assigning Sensor 2 and 3 to a single Powerbar socket
    - Go to the Switch channels and outlets page, select the socket where you have the return pump connected, set the function to Programmable Logic 1.
    NOTE: The number you select beside Programmable logic corresponds to the gate number you used when you created the PL function.
    PL 2.JPG

Assigning Sensor 4 to a single Powerbar socket
    - Go to the Switch channels and outlets page, select the socket where you have the skimmer connected, set the function to Fill water 4

SAVE SETTINGS

When you have a sensor set to the Leakage detection function, any socket you have set to Fill water (x) will stay on by default. When the sensor is triggered, the assigned socket will shut off. This will happen for your skimmer sensor and for your 3rd sensor which should be set to Inverted.

Thanks very much for your help Vinny . I will try it asap and I will let you know

Bests
    Ignasi

Hello Vinny,

It works! The only thing that is missing is to indicate "auto reset error" in the sensor levels in order to switch on again the return pumps when the water level returns to the desired level.
    On the other hand, what do I have to put on "max on time" in each sensor level?

Thanks again
    Ignasi

Hi Ignasi,

The Max on-time feature is used for telling the ProfiLux how long you want the sensor to be triggered before the function is disabled and an alarm is activated.

Vinny, I've used this to shut off skimmer if sump level is high.
    It works as it should, only I get an alarm immediately the floatswitch is triggered regardless of what I set the Max on time to. Alarm goes away if level is lowered and skimmer starts again. The email is annoying tho

Max on-time feature is not applicable when you use the LEAKAGE DETECTION function. The moment a sensor is triggered, you will be notified.

Ok understandable if used for leakage. Then how use a float to turn something on/off without a alarm? Possible?