Thread: Oxygen Sensor

Default Oxygen Sensor

Hi, I am interested in opinions on the Oxygen sensor.

I have a Profilux 3 Starter Kit plus the Redox/Conductivity Expansion Card and Sensors.

I have also been thinking about installing an Oxygen sensor but I am unsure of whether it is worthwhile and whether I can do that in my Profilux 3 which already has the Redox/Conductivity Module.

Can I do this?

Is it worth doing?

I have had some problems with water quality and my fish have been at the top of the tank gulping for air – a some quick water changes and all is OK again but I do not want to stress my fish like that ☹ Of course the solution is nto to have problems but if I do, I want to know quickly.

Thanks
    Greg

As long as you have an available expansion card slot on your ProfiLux, you can go ahead and add an additional card. In this case, PLM-Oxygen card.

Since Oxygen levels in your tank have become a concern, it would certainly help you in finding a possible source to the problem. Another helpful tool is the ProfiLux ability to monitor and collect data so that you can view it on a graph.

With an Oxygen probe, you can set a desired value and assign it to an available Powerbar socket. If the oxygen level drops below the nominal value, the ProfiLux will turn on the socket which can power the device that will be adding oxygen to your system.