Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: P4 conductivity probe read less every day..

yes, this is what I think

with the flow you get rid of the air between both platinum electrodes

I am discussing this at the moment with our probe manufacturer, I must ask you all for some more patience, I think this will take another 2-3 weeks until we have a reasonable solution

until then I recommend to bring the probe into flow, the slot must be in line with the flow

or tip the probe daily until we have the solution

sorry for the trouble, but we have to wait for the probe manufacturer
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

I just thought I would check mine...

My P4 was reading 1.0241 and using a red sea sea water refractometer I got a reading of 1.026, so a difference of 0.02.

I recalibrated the probe and it reads 1.0247.

The previous calibration was on 4/4/17, 24 days ago and it has wandered down by 0.006 which I don't think is bad. I am using it to control my salinity so if it reads low, I will be topping up with SW more often than required and raising the salinity. As it stands, a once a month recalibration is not a great chore.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthias View Post
    yes, this is what I think

with the flow you get rid of the air between both platinum electrodes

I am discussing this at the moment with our probe manufacturer, I must ask you all for some more patience, I think this will take another 2-3 weeks until we have a reasonable solution

until then I recommend to bring the probe into flow, the slot must be in line with the flow

or tip the probe daily until we have the solution

sorry for the trouble, but we have to wait for the probe manufacturer
    Ok
    Waiting for your news

After so many tests and positions
    I confirm that it is on bubbles
    Just that also moving across the sump
    The value is never correct
    Shaking the probe back to normal speed
    After returning to distorting values
    I hope we find a solution

I thought the problem had been solved. But since yesterday the probe read less every time. I didn't make any changes in the position of the probes. Very strange.. It had been working properly one week. Waiting for news, thanks.

Screen
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by totorus; 16.05.2017 at 21:31.

News?????

I was noticing getting thru more SW top-off than normal. The probe was reading 1.0242. I wafted the probe back and forth in the water and it shot up to 1.0252. The salinity on my refractometer is 1.029!!! Yikes.

This will be an issue for me...

I can also confirm this. I moved the probes to the return chamber of my sump to prevent as many bubbles as possible, calibrated etc and putting the probe next to the temperature probe. The first 10-30 min it show correct 53ms then it start to drop as micro bubbles start to form. Now an hour later in at 52ms and still dropping. If I wiggle the probe, remove the bubbles etc it jumps back up to 53 and start dropping again. (It does not stop at 52 it start to drop faster and faster down to low 40s).

maybe some oversaw it:

I asked everyone who faced this problem to contact us DIRECTLY:

please email to support@ghl-kl.de

as soon as we have the final answer which works for everyone we will post it here
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.