Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Conductivity Probe values drifting down

So I have continued to experience a problem with the probe. Even placing the probe in an area of high flow shows a slow steady decline in readings. I understand the micro bubble theory but it renders the probe as an unreliable and ultimately a mostly useless piece of equipment. If I want a reliable reading it requires me to remove the probe, shake it off, put it back in the water and wait for it to stabilize. This does not fit with the intended design of a continuous monitoring probe. I am not sure how to resolve this. I will most likely contact support directly or try posting on R2R.

kvarano,

This issue has been solved since May. We asked customers who has had these issues to please contact us for their replacement probe.

Please see post 46 for contact info:
    http://forum.aquariumcomputer.com/sh...very-day/page5

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
    kvarano,

This issue has been solved since May. We asked customers who has had these issues to please contact us for their replacement probe.

Please see post 46 for contact info:
    http://forum.aquariumcomputer.com/sh...very-day/page5
    Thank you Vinny. I lead a very busy life and this is the first I have followed up and did not see the other thread. I will contact GHL support.

I have the same issue for a year with my P3 set. When I take the probe out of water for a seconds and put it back, the value will be correct. After one or two days, the value will drifting down again.
    I belive your theory is right,How to solve it? Thanks.

Default Solution for those cannot waiting

Hello,

Same problems with conductivity probe even with all the suggested solutions from other folks here, re-calibration, new place in relation with flow etc, etc. Was not possible to wait for new probes from GHL because of my installations.

-> Best solution so far for me: 3 conductivity probes bought from Atlas Scientific 1.0 K: extremely reliable and **stable** for a fraction or the cost. Extremely fast delivery (4 days).

I'm not frus strated anymore now! Good luck!!

Quote Originally Posted by pcadieux View Post
    Hello,

Same problems with conductivity probe even with all the suggested solutions from other folks here, re-calibration, new place in relation with flow etc, etc. Was not possible to wait for new probes from GHL because of my installations.

-> Best solution so far for me: 3 conductivity probes bought from Atlas Scientific 1.0 K: extremely reliable and **stable** for a fraction or the cost. Extremely fast delivery (4 days).

I'm not frus strated anymore now! Good luck!!
    Hi.
    I’ve just installed my new Profilux 4. I had some issues calibrating the conductivity probe. Second time, I’ve kept the solution bottle floating. Still the reading was still far from a RedSea refractometer. I will try for a third time the calibration. Still, the Atlas Scientific probe....it works directly with the Profilux, or you had to do some improvisation? Thanks

Default Yes, it work directly with the P4

Quote Originally Posted by cristimv View Post
    Hi.
    I’ve just installed my new Profilux 4. I had some issues calibrating the conductivity probe. Second time, I’ve kept the solution bottle floating. Still the reading was still far from a RedSea refractometer. I will try for a third time the calibration. Still, the Atlas Scientific probe....it works directly with the Profilux, or you had to do some improvisation? Thanks
    -----------------------------------------------
    Hello Cristimv,

Five weeks now of continuous use and they are reliable and stable.

Good luck!

Pierre