Thread: Flow Control + RD3

Default Flow Control + RD3

Hi,

Can you tell me if I can control the Flow rate of my 2 Return pumps (RD3 80W with 10v Controller) with my Profilux 4 and the GHL Flow-Sesor 9000l/h.

What I want to achieve is a total return from sump to display of about 8000 litres per hour from both pumps running at the same time. I want to achieve this by alternating the output of the pumps.

Example:
    Pump 1: Output 2000lph & Pump 2: Output 6000lph for 1 hour
    then a smooth transition over about 30 minutes to
    Pump 1: Output 6000lph & Pump 2: Output 2000lph for 1 hour
    and so on...

I am looking for steady return so that my overflow back to my sump remains stable and also alternate the return current into the reef.

Essentially, Can the Profilux control the output of the RD3's based on the flow?

I hope this is clear and thanks in advance for the assistance.

Hi,

Yes, the ProfiLux can adjust the flow rate of this pump based on the desired flow rate set on the flow sensor.

This is accomplished by connecting the flow sensor to a level port and setting the desired flow rate in the flow sensor settings page.

Once you do that, you will be able to assign this flow sensor to your RD3 by going to the 1-10V interface settings page and setting the correct L channel to "Constant Flow".

Thanks for the reply Vinny.

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this questions, let me know if I need to post it elsewhere.

Would you be able to guide me in how to configure the Profilux 4 to achieve the desired result?

As I mentioned above, I am looking to achieve the following:

Example:
    Pump 1: Output 2000lph & Pump 2: Output 6000lph for 1 hour
    then a smooth transition over about 30 minutes to
    Pump 1: Output 6000lph & Pump 2: Output 2000lph for 1 hour
    and so on...

This is what I am looking at achieving.

PumpControl.JPG

Thanks in Advance.