Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PIII Battery Backup

One way to keep the P3 running is by connecting it and any critical components to a battery back up. In case of an outage, only the P3 and important pieces of equipment will remain on.

Hi Harry,

Yes that is correct. In case of an outage, the P4 will begin drawing power from the battery backup and initiate an emergency program which will help conserve battery power.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
    One way to keep the P3 running is by connecting it and any critical components to a battery back up. In case of an outage, only the P3 and important pieces of equipment will remain on.
    Hi Vinny, I think there may be a slight misunderstanding of what I'm asking. Just for clarity and leaving out anything connected to the PIII such as Plugbars etc, I'm aware that one option to keep the PIII running when mains power is lost is to connect the PIII PSU to a UPS outlet. There are two downsides to that approach, the UPS is inefficient, it uses AC to charge a DC battery which it then changes back to AC - the PIII is DC and it's PSU then changes this back to DC again! Secondly, if the PIII PSU itself fails (as mine did) the PIII will power off regardless of the UPS.

My thoughts are to adapt a Tunze Safety Connector so that it can be used to provide a AC>DC 12V input from the PIII PSU AND a 12V DC input from a Sealed Lead Acid Battery (in exactly the same way that I do for my DC Tunze Pumps) to provide one input into the PIII - this way if either the mains supply OR the PIII PSU itself fail, 12V DC will be supplied directly to the PIII - does that make sense? Thanks, Andy

I'm interested in this as well. My p3 is connected to a ups, along with my WiFi bridge. I set it to email me if it loses connection to my pab powerbar (power outage) but I want to know if I can use a program logic to turn down my dc return pump. This pump is connected to a 12v battery and Ac power fine but it runs at whatever speed the 1/10v line tells it as though it's still on Ac.

My normal programming is 3v all day with a feed pause of 1v twice a day that essentially turns off the flow. My pump is oversized jebao dcp 8000. When it runs on 12v power outage the flow goes 3v and 1v of 12v. Pump is normally 36v dc. Anyway to control the 12v speed and the 240v speed separately?

Essentially use the pab powerbar as power monitoring and tell the p3 to run a battery saver program?
    Last edited by Aquagen; 12.09.2017 at 02:06.

Hi...i am a new user here. In my case the Tunze Safety connector basically has two inputs, one from the Tunze Pump PSU DC and the other from the 12V Battery, the output is a single DC connector that connects to the DC input on the pump.In the event that the PSU fails or mains fails the battery takes over, i can't see why this won't work for the PIII?

china pcb assembly
    Last edited by JardCrocker; 29.12.2017 at 21:28.

Still looking for a way to use no communication from pab in a program. Is this possible?