Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PIII Battery Backup

Default PIII Battery Backup

Hi, I currently use a 12V Sealed Lead Acid battery and Tunze safety connector to provide a battery backup for my Tunze pumps...after having my PIII PSU fail whilst on holiday, I wondered if there is a way to provide battery backup to to my PIII without the use of a UPS? Regards, Andy

Just me looking to do this then?

Connecting a ups is the only option available for the P3.

Hi Vinny, but if the PSU fails (like mine did) the UPS won't help...Is there battery backup for the P4?

The P4 includes a power monitoring port which allows you to connect a back up power source.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
    The P4 includes a power monitoring port which allows you to connect a back up power source.
    HI Vinny, that's interesting, can you provide any more information about the power monitoring port please?

With the Power Monitoring port, you simply plug in a 5V-12V power supply with 3.5mm plug which gets its power from the AC socket you want to monitor.

P4 recognizes when the voltage on the line monitor port drops, which means that the AC socket has no power also.

In case of a power loss, the backup is enabled and the P4 can be set to:
    - switch certain sockets off
    - change voltage of 1-10V interfaces
    - change pump speed

Hope that we can do the same on the profiler 3 by assigning a digital input

Ok, I'm revisiting this as I still have a PIII...so, the Tunze Safety connector basically has two inputs, one from the Tunze Pump PSU DC and the other from the 12V Battery, the output is a single DC connector that connects to the DC input on the pump....in the event that the PSU fails or mains fails the battery takes over - i can't see why this won't work for the PIII? @ GHL, I'm not asking you to support this as my PIII is old but thoughts please?

Hi Vinni,
    please tell me if I understood correctly: the Monitoring Port is a kind of backup PSU. When it fails P4 will notice that and switch to the "standard" PSU. Provided that the "standard" PSU gets power from the outlet.