Thread: LX7 Projects

Default LX7 Projects

There are various projects out there but very few offer any insight at to what they were designed for. Are any of you guys running the LX7 over SPS? Which project are you running?

I am also very interested in taking part of the principal thoughts, and here is my first impression after during some Days tried to find the most pleasant light for the sps-look:

I run at the moment(100% output Power in efficiency mode(80%), 6 hours of almost 100%, and the rapid downstaging of the Power during the evening.
    1) 100% on:Royal blue, Blue(475nm), "blue-White", "Hyperred", "hyperviolet" and "uv",, to promote the absorption of chlorophyll a and c (b does not exist in zooxanthelles),
    beacause this lamp has a quite heavy focus on White leds comparing to other brands. ( I like the concept with some more White leds as GHL has).
    2) very Little on green channel (5%), as there are quite much green already, and the green light can in some way take away fluoroscense, and green light has very Little biological effect
    3) The "cool White" is of 6500K and has 2 diods(correct me if I am wrong), and quite much yeallow in its spectrum,so I only have 30% on this channel . But for sure this channel is important to get a high CRI and natural looking light
    4) Sky White (7500K), is more cool than the so called cool White (the name are not so logic) and is only one diod, so I run this on almost 100% also.

The Kelvin for this above is around 13200K, and i Think it is looking nice, and can see on my pH-monitoring that I get a reasonable Photosynthetic answer.

please, I would appreciate a comment on these considerations above from the GHL-pro-team, if I am correct in my conclusions etc. I am an newbie on this lamp so I am trying to learn and understand it. feedback is valuable.

I also wonder ( I have adressed this question in a separate thread) why it says only around 80 watt despite I have 100% on the output, and almost 100% on every channel (efficinecy mode, I know, but in that mode, shouldnt it be almost 125W?). I do not understand that.

Regards
    Jonas

You are very right with everything you write, makes a lot of sense for me.

But this is no surprise knowing your scientific background

Would you like to share your project?

https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/sup...oser-projects/
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Nice;-)
    And actually I now found an even better combo and is extremely satisfied now with the look (and also the biological effect as I already see a coloration of the corals). Roughly I use more of the cool white to get a little more yellow, so the impression is not so flat, but more a deep 3 dimensional colour picture. Now I think the CRI is very high, as you say:-)

I tried to post my project but the program do not seems to accept this file-type?

i wil try again tomorrow.

Very satisfied:-) Thanks for a very nice product:-)

/Jonas

Done. it worked

hi Jonas, how works your programs with corals? any update ?

i'm trying to search my best setup..and i'm reading all and opposite of all..i mean many use only uv and blue channels to max power and shut off red and greens ..whites are only for up CRI in tank..i not want to bleach corals , what you suggest about?

i'm using 4x LX7206 on 100% sps new frags tank