Thread: LX7206 - a mount question... and failed unit

Default LX7206 - a mount question... and failed unit

Hi,

I just took delivery of 4 LX7206 plus extra bits (still waiting for my P4 kit ).

first of all a mounting question. I am building an aluminium profile frame that I want to mount the lights to. What sort of bolts can I use on the mounting holes on the units to attach them to my framework? Thread size etc?

My failed unit - I had to try one quickly tonight. It powered up and asked English or german. When I touch one of the menu buttons, the menu options all start flickering and it chooses something at random. It then starts diving in and scrolling through menus all by itself before finally deciding on something like 'demo'. As soon as I touch a button either menu or tick or cross, it just starts flicking through menus again and either going back where I started or to another random item. I coud not get it to do anything I chose - demo, clock, anything.

In case I was doing something wrong, I opened a second one and after choosing English and saving it, everything works fine - even demo and storm. (This was using the cable and driver from the first one, so they are ok). After having a play and being sure I can use the menus, I tried the first unit again. with no success.

It appears that there is a problem with the touch pad for all the menu and button functions as it basically behaves at random for a while before settling on some option and at any touch off it goes again madly :-(

Have I missed something obvious? If it needs replacing will I have to send it to Germany and does GHL cover the costs as it is faulty on delivery?

I will obviously test the other units as soon as I can. Fingers crossed its just a single faulty unit.

As an aside, these lights look incredible - beautiful things and I am so excited about them and look forward to mounting them over my new build!

Thanks,

John

Hi John,

The mounting holes at the top of the fixture are for M4 diameter screws.

Regarding the unit that is behaving oddly, send us an email so we can troubleshoot the issue:
    info@ghlusa.com

Many thanks for the swift reply Vinny.

I will look to work around M4 bolts - thanks!

I tested the other 3 lamp units and they all behave impeccably.

As for the faulty lamp, I ordered from Germany so is it still OK to email ghlusa as won't any returns need to be done to them? I have a private video of the fault that I am uploading on youtube demonstrating it that I will link to in the email I send - much better than just trying to describe it.

Cheers

John

Yes, this would be handled through them directly.

Please send an email along with the video to:

info@ghl-kl.de

Again thank you Vinny.

I have sent them an email now.

Regards

John

I can confirm M4 is correct - thanks Vinny. As for my misbehaving LX7, it was couriered to Germany and returned to me today working perfectly.

Great stuff!

Thanks