Thread: Doser Gen 1

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I have decided to use S5-S8 on the PAB (P3eX).

My process:
    (1) Connect power to doser
    (2) Enable digital power bars for S5-S8
    (3) Plug the doser into the socket S5-S8
    (4) Access numbering of pumps and default outputs 25-28 is greyed out and not adjustable
    (5) Leave all pumps numbering as default
    (6) Access programming:
    -- Must the power bar attached to S1-4 be disconnected or can it stay connected?
    (7) Leaving S1-4 connected ... select 'program now' and get communication error 50

How do I proceed from here, please? What is com error 50?

Thank you in anticipation.

1. Go to the Switch channels and outlets settings page and activate the S5-S8 socket. Click YES to activate, then save settings. The Program digital powerbar... button will no longer be greyed out.
    Enable S5-S8 socket.JPG
    2. Disconnect all devices connected to the S1-S4 port. Only the device that will be getting programmed should be connected. In this case, nothing should be connected to the S1-S4 and only the doser should be connected to the S5-S8 port.
    3. Click on the Program digital powerbar... button, select Numbering of a dosing pump.... Numbering will automatically begin at S25 since it is connected to the S5-S8 port, click NEXT, click PROGRAM NOW, then READY.
    Gen 1 Doser pump numbering.JPG
    4. In the Switch channels and outlets settings page, go to S25-S28 and assign the functions to Dosing pump. If this is your first dosing pump unit, set the S25 function to Dosing Pump 1, S 26 to Dosing Pump 2, etc. Save your settings.
    Assigning to Socket Channels.JPG
    5. Go to the respective dosing pump channels and create your dosing pump schedules. Save changes.

Cheers, Vinny!

All done!

Problem !

I can get the unit to run when I use the 3m GHL RJ12 cable but when use a 10m RJ12 cable so that I can locate the dosing unit in the right location, there is no communication between the P3eX and the dosing unit.

Is the length of cable an issue?

The type of cable is most likely the issue. If it is not a GHL cable there are no guarantees that other-sourced cables will work with our devices.

If you need extension cables, I recommend looking at our VSL-5m cable, PL-0433. You will be able to connect this to the existing 3m cable and the doser.

OK so I had it set up and going great in automatic mode.

After a few days it has now stopped ... power is working, comms light is on but the P3eX stopped sending signals to the doser. I tested it by trying to calibrate each pump from the Control Centre ... nothing. Each of the pumps works when activated manually. I think that something in the communications setup has gone missing. Just to recap, I have connected the doser to S1-4 and daisy chained it off the 2nd digital power bar which is daisy chained off the first digital power bar.

I have programmed the pumps starting from Channel 13 to Channel 16 -- the digital power bars occupy Channels 1 - 12 (is that right)?

The pumps are individually setup to automatically dose the fluids.

What is it that I'm doing wrong?

ALL OK -- FOUND IT

The allocated channels somehow got switched back to 'always off'