Quote Originally Posted by jpt12345 View Post
Can somebody please advise why the form factor has changed from the LX 6 platform (I mean in more detail than we are producing the optimum design marketing jargon!)

Having invested in LX6 series pendants, and having seen on this forum that the existing platform would offer possibilities to upgrade in future (gunther), i am to say the least 'a little bit miffed' that the platform offers no opportunity to upgrade from 4 year old technology...at all!
@jpt12345,
From the 10ft perspective I can understand your frustration - and you do have a great question.

Can you tell me Why you're looking to upgrade to the LX 7 - let's discuss a couple of these points.

* The LX 7 offers WiFi to connect to your home network(etc) - the LX 6 did not have a provision for this, as such a new mainboard is required. As such chip and component layout changes may be in order, further requiring changing of component placement.
* The LX 7 offers GHL Power Balancing Technology® - this was a feature that was not available on the LX6's - as such, once again a mainboard change, more components had to be shuffled, leading to further changes in component layout
* The LX 7 offers a Ultra Violet channel @ 385 nm that the LX 6 did not offer - GHL is currently taking a poll to gauge interest for upgrade clusters for the LX 6. (LINK: Do you want to buy Mitras LX7 clusters for your Mitras LX6?)

It's my understanding that the LX 7 is the latest in the Mitras line-up, the LX 6 was not retired, but received a bigger, more advanced brother.