Quote Originally Posted by Matthias View Post
We have these upgrade discussions every time when we are going to release something new. Some at GHL really hesitate to release new products due to this fact ...

It is just not possible to keep every product downward compatible to other or previous versions. If you do this you have no change for an optimal design and to use different technologies, you will always end in compromises.

These are my thoughts:
- Why do you want to "upgrade" - just because there is something new? The Mitras LX 6 was and is one of the best LED lights on the market in regards to power, spread and spectrum.
The release of another Mitras LX model will not make the existing LX 6 worse. They are still great lights.
Thanks for taking your time.

It is true the Mitras 6200 is a still a good unit even after the lx7 is realeased. What i think many of ownes are missing is some of the uv lights... I would easely trade one of my warm white, and cool white, for a 410nm led, to get some more fluorescence from the corals. It was my understanding that the new lamp would have this.

I was just surprised, to be honest, as i dident think it would be a big problem to release a new led layout for the lamp, just as you did with the 6100 to 6200, to give the same led layout. There could ofcource be reasons why this wont be easy, that i dont know off.