Thread: Profilux 3 EX and 3.1N/T EX Differences

Default Profilux 3 EX and 3.1N/T EX Differences

Would someone be able to outline the differences between the Profilux 3 EX and 3.1N/T EX? I am having a hard time finding any comparison charts and differences in specs. Differing hardware support? Powerbar support? Anything else significant?

I am seriously considering making the jump from Apex but I need to have a little better understanding first

Thanks!

Don

Hi Don,

The ProfiLux 3 was the original controller which was later updated with the release of ProfiLux 3.1

There were a few hardware related changes done to the 3.1 version which allowed for firmware updates to be carried out using a traditional USB cable instead of having to use an RS232/USB adapter. The layout of the components also changed in the 3.1.

Both versions continue to have the same capabilities and features. The current 3.1 controller still supports all of our expansion cards, cables, and other accessories.

Vinny,

Thanks for the reply!!! That clears a lot up for me! I might just pull the trigger and switch from Apex.

Don

No problem Don.

Just an FYI if you're in the USA, we're having our Memorial day sale for all GHL products. More info can be found here:
    www.aquariumcomputer.com/usa/shop

Maybe that'll help you pull the trigger.

You won't regret it.
    Best controller in the market PERIOD

Always at sea;

Dr. Antonio Longo