Thread: The new Expansion Box 2

Default The new Expansion Box 2

The new Expansion Box 2 - expanding the capabilities of ProfiLux.
    Use the full potential of the ProfiLux aquarium controllers.

Expansionbox2_weiß.jpg

Expansionbox2_schwarz.jpg

All interfaces of the ProfiLux already used and you have run out of expansion slots on your ProfiLux? Looking to expand Profilux even further? Expansion Box 2 is the solution!

With the Expansion Box 2, the aquarium controller ProfiLux 3 can be upgraded to allow for even more expansion capabilities. The new Expansion Box 2 connects to the Profilux via secure ProfiLux Aquatic Bus. When connected, ProfiLux automatically detects the newly present features:

• 4 x 1-10V-interfaces
    • 2 x universal ports for pH or redox probes (adjustable)
    • 1 x universal ports for conductivity freshwater or seewater (adjustable)
    • 1 x port for digital temperature sensor
    • 1 x Mitras Lightbar interface
    • 2 x ProfiLux Aquatic Bus
    • 2 x level sensor input

Additionally, the Expansion Box has 4 expansion slots which can be equipped with any of our expansion cards.
    The GHL-logo is also illuminated and will change color to indicate the system status. If an alarm is triggered, the GHL logo will blink red.
    Our premium quality enclosure is made of aluminum and polished ABS plastics and comes in two colors, with white or black cover.

Our previous Expansion Box model is no longer available with the release of this newer version.

Recommended retail price for Europe - 269 € net.
    Expansion Box 2 will be available starting 11/05/2015. Pre-orders are now being taken.

Expansionbox2_Innen_850x567.jpg
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Can you explain the benefit of the new V2 expansion box.
    From reading about the two units, it looks like the changes are minimal but I would like to understand more detail and make sure I have not missed an important point.

From what I can see
    • V2 uses universal ports (pH/redox) rather than dedicated ports of V1
    • Change to a digital temperature sensor (will this requires a different probe?)
    • Add 1 x Conductivity port (from 1 to 2)
    • Add 1 x Mitras lightbar interface
    • Remove 1 x of one expansion slot (5 to 4)
    • Price reduction

That seems to be it, unless I am missing some detail.
    I ask, as it would seem like its a lot of effort to bring a new product to market and the list of feature changes, does not seem to be that significant.

I have based the comparison on the following details.

V1 features (287,00EUR)

• 4 x 1-10V ports
    • 1 x pH port
    • 1 x Redox port
    • 1 x Conductivity/salinity port
    • 1 x Temp port
    • 2 x PAB sockets
    • 2 x level ports
    • 5 x expansion slots

V2 features (269,00EUR)

• 4 x 1-10V-interfaces
    • 2 x universal ports for pH or redox probes (adjustable)
    • 2 x universal ports for conductivity freshwater or seewater (adjustable)
    • 1 x port for digital temperature sensor
    • 1 x Mitras Lightbar interface
    • 2 x ProfiLux Aquatic Bus
    • 2 x level sensor input
    • 4 x expansion slots

thats in advance
    Last edited by CaptCrash; 28.10.2015 at 04:24.
    Stay up to date with my efforts at Blue Tang Breeding here http://facebook.com/RegalTangBreeding and Mccullochi Clownfish Breeding here https://www.facebook.com/MccullochiClownfishBreeding

Always good to see updates.

Would I be right in assuming that the Profilux looks to be next on the list to get an upgrade? Maybe even atheistically?

sorry, I made a mistake in the description, I corrected it

yes, you mentioned the differences correctly

I think the main differences are design, switchable inputs, digital temp. inout, Mitras Lightbar Port
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Expansion Box 2 now available in our shop:

https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/en-...s/profilux-3-1

Quote Originally Posted by Matthias View Post
    sorry, I made a mistake in the description, I corrected it

yes, you mentioned the differences correctly

I think the main differences are design, switchable inputs, digital temp. inout, Mitras Lightbar Port
    Hello,
    what is exactly the delta for the temperature to having it digital or not?
    will it work with same probe?
    Any accuracy diffrence?
    Thanks

The digital temp. probe input requires a digitial temp. probe, the previous analog probe can't be connected there.

Advantages: Needs no (factory) calibration, wider range (down to 0°C, interesting for ponds), has BNC connector