Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Slave Doser 2 updating FW and connecting to P3

Default Slave Doser 2 updating FW and connecting to P3

Hey guys. Finally getting around to connect Slave Doser 2, and I need to do a FW update also. Can you guys point me to where exactly I can find detailed instructions on how to connect and how to do a FW update. I have searched the forums but can't find anything to address my questions.

Thank you

Always at Sea

To update: Able to connect Doser 2 slave to P3 via PAB cable. Was able to assign Doser 2 BUT when I go to configure I have questions as far as which number do I configure to? I have a non PAB 6 power bar attached to S1-S4, then I have two additional PAB Power Bars attached and assign as S up to slot S 24. My question now is: Do I configure the Slave Doser 2 to S 25 - S 29???? Or S 5 - S 8?
    Thanks
    Last edited by doggydoc10; 29.09.2015 at 04:07.

Anyone?

Always at Sea

Hi,

To do a FW update, follow these steps:

1. Have only your Slave Doser 2 connected to the P3 with a PAB cable
    2. Connect to GHL Control Center via USB
    3. On the top of the screen, click on "Extras"
    4. Under the PAB section, click on "Firmwareupdate"
    5. Follow on screen instructions and make sure you update with the correct firmware.

You can find the slave doser firmware in the GHL Control Center folder, under "Firmware"
    Last edited by Vinny; 29.09.2015 at 19:30.

Thanks Vinny. I appreciate your help. BUT I first need to connect the Doser and assign it successfully to my P3 before I do update. My question was re the connection to the P3.
    When it comes to assigning the Doser using PAB, since I have a non PAB connected to P3 on S1-S4 and two other PAB attached to P3...what number do I assign to Doser....?

Always at Sea

You don't have to assign anything to the socket functions when connecting the Doser 2. Just make sure you assign the numbering of the pumps first.

To do that you do the following:

1. Go to "System", click on "PAB", select "Slave Doser 2".
    2. Click on "Configuration"
    3. Set the numbering of the doser pump.

If this is your first doser, you select "1" from the box, the rest of the numbers are automatically assigned; 2,3,4.

If this is your second doser, you would select, "5" from the box, the rest of the numbers are assigned to 6,7,8.

To program the doser pumps, select the "Dosing Pump #" which corresponds to the assigned numbers.

Default Slave Doser 2 updating FW and connecting to P3

Sorry Vinny. Maybe I am not making myself clear on this.
    I am setting up SLAVE Doser 2 for the first time.
    Got it assigned ok. Trying to configure it and P3 menu is telling me to configure device....then it asks me to
    [IMG]https://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/
    Then it asks me to

15/09/29/42031880cfef5cfcb66b482776e99e62.jpg[/IMG]

My question is WHICH number to I use for switching output?

Always at Sea

Oh I see what you are trying to do. It is much easier and quicker to do the doser setup from GHL Control Center. You will have to program the doser settings using GCC anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
    Oh I see what you are trying to do. It is much easier and quicker to do the doser setup from GHL Control Center. You will have to program the doser settings using GCC anyway.

Ok then. Can you please point me in the right direction in order to find proper info on how to do this via GHL Control Center?

Always at Sea

Ok. I saw what you are telling me on GHL control center.
    I do have one question:
    Once I get to assign and configure, a picture of the Slave Doser comes up with the numbers to assign.

My question is: Do I assign it number ONE or do I assign other number? This is my only Doser.
    My question comes from previous assignment of PAB devices in which you have to assign a number that's not being used. For example I have sockets assigned from 1 to 24. Do I assign the Doser to socket # 25? Or do I just assign it to "1"?

Always at Sea