Thread: Need to recover from incorrect firmware update

Default Need to recover from incorrect firmware update

Hello All,

I recently attempted to update the firmware on my touch screen and mistakenly believed that the powerbar PAB v1.08 file was used for all PAB devices. I was allowed to do the update and was presented with a success message but now by touchscreen is dead in the water and I get communication errors every time I try to load the correct 1.05 file. The profilux 3EX wont even recognize the device any more and therefore cannot be assigned in Configure PAB.

I have downloaded the FLASH-FR tool but im not sure if thats what I need to use for this problem and if it is the right tool I cannot find instructions anywhere on how to use it.

Can someone here help?

Thanks,

Hello,

please read post #3 here: http://forum.aquariumcomputer.com/sh...update-failure!!!
    It is working the same way with the touch.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Thanks for your reply Arthur. I was finally able to recover just by updating with the correct file. I'm not sure why it didn't work the first time I tried the correct file other than the second time I reset the PABs first.

So that's the good news. The bad news is im still having issues. The same issues I assumed a firmware update would fix.

There are two screens that dont seem to respond. One is the settings screen that mimisc the control panel of the the head unit. it seems that only the esc button works (some times) and other time I have to power the unit off to get out of that screen.

The other is if I go to Manual Operations > Sockets Manually. On this screen I see sockets 1 through 15 displayed each with a little "A" above the socket the number. If I press the socket number the little "A" is highlighted but does nothing else. However the"more" and "bac"k buttons work just fine. It has done this since the day I bought it a few years back but I always just assumed it needed a firmware update or other configuration I was just not yet aware of. After really digging into it it seems there is something wrong. Everything else feed pause, maintenance, graphs, etc all seem to work just fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

How is the touch connected with the ProfiLux, directly or through an another PAB device?
    How many PAB devices are connected to your ProfiLux?
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Right now it's connected to the last powerbar in the chain. I only have two powerbars in front of it. So three PAB devices total.
    Last edited by Walter White; 11.09.2015 at 16:29.

Can you try to unplug both Powerbars from PAB and connect the Touch directly with the ProfiLux.

Quote Originally Posted by Artur View Post
    Can you try to unplug both Powerbars from PAB and connect the Touch directly with the ProfiLux.
    Hi Artur,

Thank you for your continued support. I disconnected all of PAB devices, reset the PAB then plugged in the touch screen as the only PAB and re-assigned it. I still get the same results. I wouldn't necessarily expect the manual socket control to work without having any of the powerbars hooked up but the menu display and function did not change and the settings control that emulates the main control panel on the head unit still does not function properly.

Hello,

unfortunately I can't tell you more. It could be a problem with the hardware. Please send an email to info@ghl-kl.de.