Thread: Connection Speed Problems - Support Needed

Default Connection Speed Problems - Support Needed

Hello GHL Support Team,
    I just got a Profilux 3.0 and 3.1 and the connection seems to be very slow. Updating to firmware 6.18 did not make a difference.
    It also does not matter whether I am connecting via USB or TCP/IP

Here is a complete list of symptoms that are common for Profilux Control and GHL Control Center:
    - Opening a connection takes at least 20s
    - Navigating from one section to another (e.g. from System to Sensors) can take as much as 10-15s. Sometimes does not succeed and I need to click one more time
    - When doing the manual dosing (click and hold on the Pump Icon) the animation is very uneven. Stops for several seconds then starts again and so on (access via web is ok)

I am on Windows 8.0.

Out of curiosity I captured Wireshark logs (port 100001) and noticed that all packets are very small (which I guess is per design) and there is no/very few TCP retransmissions.

Please advice.

Thanks
    Jarek

Hello

- Opening a connection takes at least 20s
    It is normal that the ProfiLux needs a bit time to connect, because it loads few things for the initialization of GHL Control Center.

Open the Communication Monitor in the top menu (Communication -> Communication monitor). It will show you how good the connection is.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Hi Artur,
    thanks for a prompt following up.
    What about navigating from one section to another (e.g. from System to Sensors)? Is 10-15s expected ?

10-15s for sensors is a bit too much, did you tried to restart the ProfiLux?
    What shows the connection monitor of the GHL Control Center if you navigate from System to Sensors?

The first thing you should try is to determine that the cables are OK.
    If you use USB hubs try it without the hub.

How old is your computer? Or do you use a virtual machine?
    Maybe the computer is too slow, try it out with an another computer.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

It is the same over USB as well as Ethernet. PC is a modern x64 running Windows 8.

What shows the connection monitor of the GHL Control Center if you navigate from System to Sensors?
    Did you checked the cables?
    If you opened many tabs then close the tabs and try again.

Quote Originally Posted by Artur View Post
    Did you checked the cables?
    The answer is in my original post
    "Out of curiosity I captured Wireshark logs (port 100001) and noticed that all packets are very small (which I guess is per design) and there is no/very few TCP retransmissions."

Quote Originally Posted by Artur View Post
    If you opened many tabs then close the tabs and try again.
    I did