Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Error28

Maybe a conflict or something.
    Who nows?

Do you use a normal USB cable or a COM-USB adapter?
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

I use a normal usb adapter .
    It worked before but no longher
    Zo i bought a new cable but dousnt work also
    I can see in windows that the laptop hase a conection with the profilux

I think that this is a problem with the driver, try to install the driver manually.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

I installed the driver manualy now but still no conection.

Sorry to resurrect this

I'm in the same boat - Profilux 2 EX, I was previously able to connect using the USB
    Things I have tried
    3 different computers
    2 different cables
    Changed port numbers
    The com port initially comes with exclamation, but when I manually add driver from GCC folder, it says device working properly

Then when I try to connect - Error 28.

Hello
    You use a USB to serial adapter? You use the original serial GHL cable? Do you use a new operating system? do you have a correct driver for your adapter, which also fits to the operating system?

regards Pit

Indeed the RS232.
    Yes both original cables- I have a P3 and P2. I have not tried with P3 as it is connected to LAN.
    All 3 computers running Windows 10. One of them was definitely working 2 months or so back, using the same cable.

I downloaded and installed all the necessary drivers.

Interesting thing Is the computer which was working previously, after I plugged the P2 - it came up as COM 8 but with an exclamation.

I tried running with compatibility mode for Windows 8, 7, XP- nothing worked

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

For the Profilux II you need a USB to serial(RS232) adapter, right?
    Some adapters deny Windows service after a security update.
    Does your adapter have an FTDI or Prolific chipset, and how old is the adapter?

regards Pit

I downloaded and installed all the necessary drivers.
    about what drivers are you talking here?

ProfiLux 2 has only RS232 and this requires no driver, we also have no drivers for P2

or are you talking about an USB<->RS232 converter driver?

if all settings are correct - and there are not many: you need to select the COM port of your USB<->RS232 in GCC settings - then it MUST connect

if not then you have a problem with your converter - try another one

as PIWAWT said, there are lots of problems with these converters resp. their drivers, and they get worse with recent Windows updates

but something different: did you say you use GCC? GCC is NOT for P2