Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Error28

Default Error28

After i did the hardware upgrade to extended (witch sucseeded) i get a (communications error code 28)
    Working on windows 8.1×64
    Profilux control v 5.1.7.2
    Profilux firmwhere 5.05
    I think i tried evtherything playing with the comports on windows and change the divice adres
    Who can help please?

You should not change the device address and if you change it, it must be the same in ProfiLux and Connection settings of ProfiLuxControl.
    Please post screenshots of your connection settings in ProfiLuxControl and Windows device manager with opened COM ports.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

I am on my work now.
    But i have changed the adres in both the computer and in profilux control.
    The baud is in both 9600
    The adres is in both 2 now (changed several times from 1 til 10).
    Scanned com more than 50 times.
    On the botom of profilux control it quickly coms up with connection succesful and then it says error 28
    It was working until the extended upgrade

I also instaled the 2 diverent drivers for the connection cables

Is this enaugh?

Also bought a new usb quality cable and disconect the sockets stil not working

the upgrade to eX has nothing to do with the USB interface, neither regarding to hardware nor regarding to firmware

the USB-port is located on the mainboard and remains untouched when plugging in the eX board

did USB work before the eX upgrade?
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Yes it worked before.
    Now the problem is the conection with the pc
    It had to work because otherwhise i could not upgrade to ex.
    I had a very good ICT guy here and he says it got to do with windows 8.1 not competable with the usb.
    He is gona make windows xp run within 8.1
    He says it must work then.