PDA

View Full Version : Programing sockets behavior after power shortage

diverdutch
21.01.2015, 12:57
Hi,

I'm trying to see where I can program the behavior of the powerbar sockets after a possible power shortage.
Example in the unlikely event there is a power shortage and after 1 or 2 hours the power comes back-on, I want to define the sockets for activate automatically or manually. As a skimmer pump is okay to become active but with an No2/3
reactor you wouldn't want it...

Hope anyone can help ...

jan

GHL Support
23.01.2015, 13:46
Here an excerpt from the Profilux user manual - is this what you are looking for?

Set initial state - (for dosing pump units this function is not available) With this you can set the states of the
single sockets of a digital powerbar immediately after supply voltage has appeared. These states are also restored if
the communication between ProfiLux and the powerbar is – due to any reasons –missing longer than 60 s, e.g. in case
of a removed control cable or a defect of the ProfiLux. The digital powerbar monitors permanently if it still receives
commands from the ProfiLux. It is for example possible that you set your digital powerbar in a way that in case of a
malfunction, the socket for the filter will be on and the socket for the heater will be off. So the water circulation is
furthermore guaranteed, an overheating is at the same time impossible.

diverdutch
01.02.2015, 06:16
still don't understand were to program the sockets not to come on upon power return !

CaptCrash
01.02.2015, 11:17
Hi diverdutch

There is no simple way to detect a power outage on the Profilux directly, all that you can do is add delays that occur on every power on.

There are two options,

Option 1
If you want a delay of up to 60 minutes, you can do this with the Blackout-Delay for the socket that the No2/3 pump is attached to

1. Within GCC connect to your controller and select System in the left hand menu
2. Click on Socket Functions
3. Double click on the socket that the No2/3 pump is attached to
4. Change the Blackout-Delay time to 60 (or the number of minutes you want it to wait)
5. Enter a description to explain what this does "Delayed startup of No2/3 pump"
6. Click Ok to save.

Option 2
If you want a delay of more than 60 minutes (up to 8 hours), you could set the socket that powers the No2/3 pump to be delayed on for 7200 seconds (2 hours) when ever the controller is powered on.

1. Within GCC connect to your controller and select Programmable Logic from the Left Menu
2. In the Programmable Logic tab on the right select a free Item
3. We will use G2 (use what ever one is free on your system), double click on it
4. Change the Function to "Delayed On"
5. Change Input to Always On by clicking change and then selecting Always On then click Ok.
6. Set the delay time to 7200 (The number of seconds you want to wait).
7. Add a description to explain what this does "Delay startup of No2/3 pump"
8. Click Ok to save the Programmable Logic

9. Now expand System in the left hand menu
10. Click on Socket Functions
11. Double click on the socket that the No2/3 pump is attached to
12. Change the Function to Programmable Logic and select 2 in the drop down list (pick the same Programmable Logic number from the steps 3 above)
13. Enter a description to explain what this does "Delay startup of No2/3 pump"
14. Click Ok to save.

Note: I have used GCC v1.0.5.7 and a controller with v6.11 firmware to test this.
Yours may be a little different (or I may have written the instructions wrong).
It should be close though.

diverdutch
03.02.2015, 06:43
Capt. Thank you so much !!!

Aldo I'm surprised that GHL doesn't come with a simple clickon option to reactivate power sockets after power shortage or not instead of delay ...