PDA

View Full Version : Another post on Water change

rcmania
13.01.2015, 09:16
Evening, hope all is well.

Well like the title says im attempting to set up my water change system. However I want to start it manual and not automatic, which is fine. I went ahead and created a timer but dont have any of the days checked. I have looked all over these forums and read the programming guides. I just cant work the bugs out and get what im trying to achieve. I have three sensors hooked up to my Profilux 3 (no splitter). One is an optical sensor and the other two are float sensors. one float sensor is a dedicated ATO so we will leave that alone. My optical sensor is toward the bottom of the sump as a fail safe to shut the pump off if its exposed to air. Now what I would like to do is when I start a WC, my drain pump would kick on, draining the water. when the water level hits the bottom optical sensor then it shuts off my return pump all while still draining until the required time has been met. Once that has been met, then a little delay and then the new salt water gets pumped into the sump until it reaches the top float sensor turning off the new salt water pump. Then have the return pump turn back on after a few seconds later.

I would like to achieve all this and still keep the bottom optical sensor as a fail safe for the return to shut it down just incase. I also have PL used to shut the skimmer off for maint and feedings. I would also like to keep those settings the same but still shut off the skimmer for the water changes.

Any help would be appreciated.

rcmania
13.01.2015, 11:07
This is what I have so far

rcmania
15.01.2015, 02:17
anyone?

Antipodes
15.01.2015, 05:16
OK, I can't see half the data on the sensors, and of course the programmable logic.

I guess you do not want to use any of the AWC functionality and doing this completely manually.

Do you have a level card installed as you seem to have level sensor 5 selected as 1 of the sensors?

But this may work.

Programmable logic with input 1- timer (or digital signal or maintenance button) input 2 - Fill Water (which ever number the level switch is on?) SR-Flipflop for function.
Select this programmable logic as drain pump. ( This will turn on the drain pump until it gets another signal which would be the fill water signal.
The level switch make a fill command when the level drops and it will be delayed by however long it will take to drain the sump (tank) with the end of the delay the fill pump will come on and shut of the drain pump.

The set for the SR logic is always timer, so it can't start draining by the level control asking for a fill.

This will leave all your current PL's as they are.

I have not tested it, so make sure it works by playing with the various sensors and low time values initially.

Maybe what you are looking for??

Let me know if it works or not and I can have a closer look when I have time.

rcmania
15.01.2015, 05:57
OK, I can't see half the data on the sensors, and of course the programmable logic.

I guess you do not want to use any of the AWC functionality and doing this completely manually.

Do you have a level card installed as you seem to have level sensor 5 selected as 1 of the sensors?

But this may work.

Programmable logic with input 1- timer (or digital signal or maintenance button) input 2 - Fill Water (which ever number the level switch is on?) SR-Flipflop for function.
Select this programmable logic as drain pump. ( This will turn on the drain pump until it gets another signal which would be the fill water signal.
The level switch make a fill command when the level drops and it will be delayed by however long it will take to drain the sump (tank) with the end of the delay the fill pump will come on and shut of the drain pump.

The set for the SR logic is always timer, so it can't start draining by the level control asking for a fill.

This will leave all your current PL's as they are.

I have not tested it, so make sure it works by playing with the various sensors and low time values initially.

Maybe what you are looking for??

Let me know if it works or not and I can have a closer look when I have time.

Hey Thank you for your time and assistance.

Yes I have a expansion card installed for my sensors. And yes thats correct on the Auto part of this water change. I want to do it by hitting a button while im overseeing it. Guess im paranoid that way but that alone will save time and headache. I may venture the AUTO part on down the road when Im a little more confident.

Let me set everything the way you just mentioned and Ill report back.

rcmania
15.01.2015, 07:15
Ok, I have attempted this method and its still not working. The drain pump socket doesnt turn on to start the drain.

Antipodes
15.01.2015, 12:03
Ok I just checked the logic for that first gate and it works with the timer.

Now you noted that you don't have any days on your timer, so how is this going to work?
For the timer to work you need to set day and time and the task for event.
Perhaps post your timer settings.
Or you use a maintenance event like maint 4 and this is then just a push button literally.

rcmania
16.01.2015, 00:16
Ok, can it by the cycle timer? Thats the timer I was also attempting with.

Antipodes
16.01.2015, 01:46
Not really sure why you would want to use cyclic.
Cyclic is meant for a switch on and switch off system that continually goes day and night.
Even with cyclic, you still need days of the week setup.

For you have suggested you only need the event start!
This is the same thing which starts off the Auto Water Change.

You can maybe setup a maintenance mode to start off the process.
Or if you are really adventurous, get a digital input card and connect a push button switch to a input and start your water change process from this.

rcmania
20.01.2015, 04:18
Ok, lets use the timer function. I have setup a timer for event start. I tested it and the socket still wont come on.

PL 12
input1: timer 5
input2: fill water 2
function SR Flipflop

Socket 8: PL 12

under levels

Control circuit #2 Water change (#1) activated timer 5 Sensor 1 and Sensor 5

Now when I start the WC manually, it shows it draining under the levels tab but the actual socket wont turn on.

I feel im missing another PL for water change to associate the water change with the drain?

Antipodes
20.01.2015, 06:16
OK you are quite right I missed typing in the other PL.
Actually I have missed quite a bit.
Need PL to stop ATO while water change.
Need PL to fill only salt water to full sensor is actived
Need PL to add time to drain because drain level is below your low sensor.
Turn off skimmer (Maybe same time as switching off for low return level and switches back on when return pump starts, but only during water change?

PL 12
input2: programmable logic 13
function SR Flipflop

Socket 8: PL 12 (This is drain pump?)

PL 13
input1: Water fill 1
Function delay ( How ever long it takes below low level sensor until ready to fill?

So how far below the low level sensor for the drain does it need to go. ie how long does it take to drain from the low level sensor until you wish to fill . And what is the total time it takes to drain the whole system.

What is sensor 5 used for???

This is all very complicated and is only a partial of the PL required.
Need more info on what feed pauses maintenance you are using and what is configured to shut off on them.
Are then any free feed pause numbers?

Timing for how long it takes to drain the tank to low level sensor
Time taken to drain tank from low level sensor to completed drain level
Time taken for the sea water pump to refill the sump.
How long does the skimmers need to be turned off for? Because if they don't come on till after fill, the tank will be low and ATO will fill with fresh water.

Will continue to look at this, but need to rethink some of it!

Just looking at your first post. You do have this shutting off the pump when it reaches the sensor, operating at the moment don't you?

rcmania
25.01.2015, 03:16
OK you are quite right I missed typing in the other PL.
Actually I have missed quite a bit.
Need PL to stop ATO while water change.
Need PL to fill only salt water to full sensor is actived
Need PL to add time to drain because drain level is below your low sensor.
Turn off skimmer (Maybe same time as switching off for low return level and switches back on when return pump starts, but only during water change?

PL 12
input2: programmable logic 13
function SR Flipflop

Socket 8: PL 12 (This is drain pump?)

PL 13
input1: Water fill 1
Function delay ( How ever long it takes below low level sensor until ready to fill?

So how far below the low level sensor for the drain does it need to go. ie how long does it take to drain from the low level sensor until you wish to fill . And what is the total time it takes to drain the whole system.

What is sensor 5 used for???

This is all very complicated and is only a partial of the PL required.
Need more info on what feed pauses maintenance you are using and what is configured to shut off on them.
Are then any free feed pause numbers?

Timing for how long it takes to drain the tank to low level sensor
Time taken to drain tank from low level sensor to completed drain level
Time taken for the sea water pump to refill the sump.
How long does the skimmers need to be turned off for? Because if they don't come on till after fill, the tank will be low and ATO will fill with fresh water.

Will continue to look at this, but need to rethink some of it!

Just looking at your first post. You do have this shutting off the pump when it reaches the sensor, operating at the moment don't you?

Socket 8 is my drain pump
socket 9 will be new saltwater fill
socket 10 is ATO pump

sensor 1 will be used to shut return pump and skimmer off
sensor 5 is the sensor to shut off the new saltwater fill
sensor 3 is ATO

feed pause 3 and 4 are free
Maint 3 and 4 are free

rreeves
01.02.2015, 17:33
RC Mania,

Once you are able to get the PL working in context to the functionality you would like, it would be great if you would shoot a youtube video with the explanations of your settings and what it does. The profile is an amazing controller, but it tends to be a bit confusing when trying to use PL to more advanced settings and applications.

keneil01
01.02.2015, 19:24
+1

rcmania
02.02.2015, 00:35
I would be glad to share it. I havent worked on it in a few. I had to give my brain a rest.

Gazman33
07.11.2015, 23:14
Did you end up getting this working?

rcmania
10.11.2015, 07:43
No, not as of yet. I just not sure what I need to do to get it working. I know it can be done just dont know or understand all the commands.