PDA

View Full Version : Settings for level sensor

Joost
14.10.2009, 20:44
Hello,

I have purchased a floating level sensor.
I would like to set it up in the overflow chamber of my aquarium.
When the water level in the overflow chamber would get too high (due to dirt in the standpipe etc.) it should switch off the pump in the sump.

Can someone please tell me how I should put all the setings in the Profilux Plus II computer to make this work?

Thank you!
Joost

GHL Support
16.10.2009, 09:24
Hello,
set "Water 1" as socket function for the socket where the pump is plugged into. As operation mode for the sensor choose "Leakage detection". As soon as the water level gets too high, an alarm is triggered and the socket (pump) is shut off. As long as there is no alarm, the pump is always on.

Joost
17.10.2009, 20:20
Thank you!

I have used those settings, and all works fine.

Just one question though. Now when the water level gets too high once, the pump is shut off, and remains shut off until I reset the error in Profilux.
Is it possible to set it up in such a way that it would swith the pump back on if the water level is back down after say 5 or 10 minutes, without having to reset the error manually?
This to keep the bacteria in the sump alive until I come back home and find out that something is wrong.

Thanks,
Joost

Joost
22.10.2009, 19:55
Thank you!

I have used those settings, and all works fine.

Just one question though. Now when the water level gets too high once, the pump is shut off, and remains shut off until I reset the error in Profilux.
Is it possible to set it up in such a way that it would swith the pump back on if the water level is back down after say 5 or 10 minutes, without having to reset the error manually?
This to keep the bacteria in the sump alive until I come back home and find out that something is wrong.

Thanks,
Joost

Does anyone have a suggestion about the above? Perhaps by using programmable logic in some way?

Matthias
23.10.2009, 07:33
better use the mode "return pump"

Joost
23.10.2009, 09:25
Hi Matthias,

You mean the mode 'return pump' instead of the mode 'leakage detection'?

Thanks,
Joost

Joost
31.10.2009, 12:03
Thanks Matthias,

It worked. I upgraded the firmware of my Plus II computer and installed the newest version of the PC software. Changed the mode leakage detection into return pump, set the max on time to 20minutes, and programmed the socket for water 1, in inverse mode.
Now the pump in the sump will stop when the level in the tank is too high, and will automatically switch back on after 20 minutes, so the bacteria in the sump will not all die!

Joost

Joost
31.10.2009, 13:09
One small problem though, but probably caused by an incorrect setting;
The Profilux shows a level alarm all the time now. When I reset the alarm, it stops the pump for a short period of time and then automatically restarts it. Then after a few moments it shows the alarm message again.
What can I do about this?

Joost
31.10.2009, 14:15
Fixed the alarm. Somehow after the firmware upgrade and new pc software installation level sensor #2 was also activated, since there is no second level sensor connected, it gave an alarm all the time.