PDA

View Full Version : New Touch firmware 1.05 and Bugfix: compatibility issue with Powerbar-PAB (wrong curr

gnisten
23.07.2014, 18:55
Hi guys..

Love the new Firmware for Touch/PIII, finally we can label up the buttons and functions, which make it easy for others to operate the system.. nice work.

BUT something in the Firmware history for the touch caught my attention...

"Bugfix: compatibility issue with Powerbar-PAB (wrong current measurement)"

I dont know if i understand this correct, but should there be current reading on the socket buttons under manual override in the touch panel? if so i can tell that i cannot see any reading anywhere.

I have sometimes wondered why there was a small "A" on the socket buttons.

x-dave
23.07.2014, 23:44
I haven't updated my touches yet, but am planning to this weekend. From the newsletter details I gather you can now label the maintenance buttons and probes (presumably they just use the names already assigned via the Profilux so no major changes there), but can you label the socket functions yet or are they still numbered? I use around 40 socket functions with my system and it is a major pain having to keep a reference sheet next to the touches so I can find them by number.

The main reason for my reply though is to answer your last question - The small "A" means it is currently being automatically controlled, which changes to a small "M" if it is being manually controlled.

Robert Lewis
24.07.2014, 01:05
I think its to do with the current readings under the switches tab on the web server because my amps were jumping from 0.4 to 15.9 amps & Matthias assured me the fix would be out in the next update.

gnisten
24.07.2014, 06:27
I haven't updated my touches yet, but am planning to this weekend. From the newsletter details I gather you can now label the maintenance buttons and probes (presumably they just use the names already assigned via the Profilux so no major changes there), but can you label the socket functions yet or are they still numbered? I use around 40 socket functions with my system and it is a major pain having to keep a reference sheet next to the touches so I can find them by number.

The main reason for my reply though is to answer your last question - The small "A" means it is currently being automatically controlled, which changes to a small "M" if it is being manually controlled.

Ok Thanks.
Regarding socket labels, i can tell you that they can be labeled too. Thats really nice. The touch actually uses the "in profilux" name entered under "description" on Probes, Maintenance, Level, Feedpauses and so on, The illumination channels also show the text entered here.