PDA

View Full Version : Water level alarm and turning off sockets

mcrist
27.06.2014, 20:14
I need some assistance with the programming logic.

I own a ProfiLux 3 with the optical sensor to control water level. This works perfectly but I would like to program the controller to turn off three two sockets when the water level's alarm is triggered.

Every once in a while my skimmer can go crazy and start pulling a lot of water from my tank. This causes the water level to trigger an alarm but the skimmer continues to run. It would be nice to have the water level alarm turn off the skimmer so that it will stop overflowing.

I found a recent thread (dated 11.05.2014) that is very similar to my question but I do not understand the solution that was posted. This is my first attempt at the programming logic and I have not been able to figure it out. I did read the programming logic manual but I did not find it helpful.

My best attempt only turned off the sockets when the water level was adding water to the tank and not when it goes in alarm state.

Thanks

mcrist
08.07.2014, 20:32
Any assistance would be appreciated...

Antipodes
09.07.2014, 02:19
how do you get a level alarm on only 1 sensor when you are presumedly using it for for ATO.

mcrist
09.07.2014, 13:42
When the water level drops below the sensor it will activate a socket which turns on a pump. If the pump is on for more than 1 minute and the water level has not reached the sensor, an alarm will be triggered.

GazzMan
09.07.2014, 18:48
When the water level drops below the sensor it will activate a socket which turns on a pump. If the pump is on for more than 1 minute and the water level has not reached the sensor, an alarm will be triggered.

Why not set it for 2-3 minutes then, that way you won't get a level alarm, also the pump will stop once the water level touches the optical sensor ( if you have it set for ATO )

mcrist
09.07.2014, 21:01
I think you may be misunderstanding my question. The amount of time I set is not an issue and it is working perfectly for ATO. I am trying to have the ATO turn off two additional sockets/outlets when an alarm is triggered.

ShaneT
11.07.2014, 14:44
Try,
Choose a Logic Gate, modify it to:
General alarm "or" General alarm
Then assign that Logic gate to the socket you want to switch off and tick the Invert box in the Switching Behaviour of the Socket.

I haven't tried it but it should work.

mcrist
14.07.2014, 13:35
That did the trick, thanks.