PDA

View Full Version : Firmware update

rafalek01
02.10.2009, 02:23
I have the new software but older firmware. I try to upload the firmware and get this error message. I am new to this controller so I assume I make some kind of mistake. Could someone tell me what are the steps to make it work? I have read manual - and it doesnt work. please advise.

Matthias
02.10.2009, 07:36
this has been answered many times here - please use the search function for this forum

rafalek01
02.10.2009, 12:31
thank you very much, but you answer didnt kind of help much. link to the thread? anything? trust me, i have spend endless hrs trying to figure it out the controller and it is great one - no question ask. but any real answer would be greatly appreciated.

chippypah
02.10.2009, 15:01
thank you very much, but you answer didnt kind of help much. link to the thread? anything? trust me, i have spend endless hrs trying to figure it out the controller and it is great one - no question ask. but any real answer would be greatly appreciated.

You need to select the firmware update on the profilux screen before you update, it will say on your profilux update firmware yes or no.
Cheers
Pete

rafalek01
02.10.2009, 16:50
so the upgrade must be initiated from the controller itself not the software on my PC? I have tried from the PC and thats the error I got.

I got an issue I think with PH probe that I bought from cherry corals 4 months ago. but they do not support Profilux any longer and no help is offered. my PH probes spikes up out of nowhere even though I calibrated I am sure it reads correctly right after calibration. so before going and buying a new probe - even though it should be covered under warranty, but no help from cherry corals on that - I wanted to make sure that same things happen while I am on the newest software and firmware. it is a great product, but for whatever reason no help in US.

chippypah
02.10.2009, 16:56
so the upgrade must be initiated from the controller itself not the software on my PC? I have tried from the PC and thats the error I got.

I got an issue I think with PH probe that I bought from cherry corals 4 months ago. but they do not support Profilux any longer and no help is offered. my PH probes spikes up out of nowhere even though I calibrated I am sure it reads correctly right after calibration. so before going and buying a new probe - even though it should be covered under warranty, but no help from cherry corals on that - I wanted to make sure that same things happen while I am on the newest software and firmware. it is a great product, but for whatever reason no help in US.

Yes must be initiated from profilux, made same mistake also but easy now :).
Hope you get your PH probe sorted, any Ph probe should work fine on the GHL.
Cheers
Pete

rafalek01
02.10.2009, 18:56
Thank you Pete.

rafalek01
02.10.2009, 23:58
Pete - you were right and it is done. now, I need recalibrate PH probe and whola... tomorrow - dosing pumps. that will be an advanture, but i need to set them up.