PDA

View Full Version : Programming ATO with 1 float switch

Math020
28.01.2014, 23:05
Hi guys like saying in the title iam trying to program my Ato

unfortunately i try many thing to set it up but the alarm is always starting after the my pump is pumping the fresh water in the aquarium.

so i need to cheek rest automatic alarm i know its not safe and i want to doing good

can someone help me please

plus I tried to put 1 sec in the maximum on time and even with this changes it dosent work Alarm start to bipping once in a wild

thanks
Only difference like i said i check the the automatic reset

reeferqq
29.01.2014, 00:02
Hi guys like saying in the title iam trying to program my Ato

unfortunately i try many thing to set it up but the alarm is always starting after the my pump is pumping the fresh water in the aquarium.

so i need to cheek rest automatic alarm i know its not safe and i want to doing good

can someone help me please

plus I tried to put 1 sec in the maximum on time and even with this changes it dosent work Alarm start to bipping once in a wild

thanks
Only difference like i said i check the the automatic reset

Why set so short the max. on time? Usually it be set just longer than the refill time.

Math020
29.01.2014, 01:02
so what you are saying is to increase the amont of time for exemple to 30 sec ?

because when i did to much fresh water going into the aquarium

reeferqq
29.01.2014, 02:51
so what you are saying is to increase the amont of time for exemple to 30 sec ?

because when i did to much fresh water going into the aquarium

Since you have a float switch, fresh water will stop pumping in when the water level reach the float switch which deactivate the ATO, so just set the max on time to cover the normal fill-up time plus for let's say extra 5 sec is OK.

Math020
29.01.2014, 03:23
Since you have a float switch, fresh water will stop pumping in when the water level reach the float switch which deactivate the ATO, so just set the max on time to cover the normal fill-up time plus for let's say extra 5 sec is OK.

Thanks i will try this

Math020
29.01.2014, 03:28
Why set so short the max. on time? Usually it be set just longer than the refill time.

thanks for your answer
can i ask you a other question for a automatic water change system does it better to use float switch or optical sensor ?

reeferqq
29.01.2014, 05:08
thanks for your answer
can i ask you a other question for a automatic water change system does it better to use float switch or optical sensor ?

Both are OK, I used one optical and one float switch for AWC.