PDA

View Full Version : Cannot set static IP on LAN card

conny
30.08.2009, 19:48
Hi, have a Profilux with a LAN card. The computer is controlled via a pc connected to my LAN. Profilux software ver 4.0.6.2

The problem is that I can not set a static IP for the LAN card in the Profilux.
Have tried via LAN, USB, Lantronix server and also directly on the unit. Every time the unit resets, but the LAN IP is not changed.

The IP assigned is within my routers DCHP pool, so even if it works it might cause problems when connecting to the Profilux via Internet, if the DCHP assigned IP expires or is renewed.

//Conny

Matthias
31.08.2009, 07:02
the IP is stored correctly, it just can't be displayed. Please read corresponding hint in ProfiLuxControl.

conny
31.08.2009, 14:55
No, the static IP I enter is not stored in the unit.

I can not connect using the new IP. Only with the old one. Profilux LAN card IP remains at the old value. In my case I try to set a static IP of 192.168.1.107 - but it remains at 192.168.1.3

I have verified this via ping command and using IP to connect to the Lantronics Webinterface. It only works with 192.168.1.3

Even when I set static IP on the units display (and saving values), the old IP remains the same.

conny
11.09.2009, 17:53
So, now i think I have tried everything, even set a static adress on the Profilux display panel with LAN disconnected. Before reconnecting LAN I did a reset on the Router to clear the IP Pool.
The Profilux still remains at the same IP.
I´m out of ideas, any suggestions? I have read the LAN document, but can´t find a slution to this.