PDA

View Full Version : How many can I connect?

Laurens
14.08.2009, 23:58
I don't have a profilux yet, but I would like to buy 1 and I'm wondering about some of the possibilities of it: I've got 6x54 T5 above my tank. I would replace current non-dimmable EVSA with dimmable. I'll be pairing them up so I have 3 EVSA. If I understand this right, this will take 3 of 4 available L-channels? Now if I'd want to hook up the LED Simu, that would take another 2 channels, right? So for a set-up like that, there would be no other way than to upgrade the profilux plus with an extra 1-10v module?

And will 1 LED simu be enough for a 130 cm tank?

Thank you!

Coralleida
15.08.2009, 00:45
Generally dimmable lamps users don't use more than 2 channels. I you have 3 dimmable ballasts normally you will use 1 ballast on one L channel, and the other 2 ballasts by the other L channel.

One ProfiLux Simu uses 2 L channels.

So with one ProfiLux Plus II it's enough (because it has 2 L sockets = 4 L channels)

Laurens
15.08.2009, 00:50
Oh ok, I think I understand. Sounds good.

Thank you for your help!

Laurens
15.08.2009, 09:02
So, if understand this right, this how I would have to do this:

I have 6xT5, 3XEVSA. I connect the 3 EVSA to 1 EVG-AP-2F, pairing up cables coming from 2 EVSA so I can control them at the same time. This will give no problem? The other EVSA I connect to the other unit in the EVG-AP-2F. Cables coming from the EVG-AP-2F I then connect to 1 socket (L1L2 fe)
Then the simu LED goes in the other socket (L3L4).

Is that right? Thank you!

Coralleida
15.08.2009, 20:36
You only need one EVG-AP-2F. This module includes all the necessary to control 2 channels.
2 EVG goes to one channel of the EVG-AP-2F and the other EVG goes to the second channel of the EVG-AP-2F, then only one control cable goes down from your lighting unit and it's connected directly to one L socket ;)

Laurens
15.08.2009, 20:42
Ok, that's perfectly clear for me now :cool:

Thank you!!